Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As an Associate Pre Sales Engineer (w/ Network & Security Fundamentals) you will work with and shadow more senior account team members to provide design and implementation guidance and account planning to ePlus customers.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Work with and/or shadow senior team members to enable growth and development in the role
- Collaborate with team members for customer account planning activities
- Familiarize yourself with partner service offerings and strategic manufacturing partner solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape for both service delivery partners and manufacturers; relate this knowledge in a sales engineering context to the customer base
- Attend and support customer meetings; participate in account activity
- Build relationships with strategic manufacturing partners to receive product information, technology updates, hands-on training and roadmap information
- Build relationships within ePlus
- Develop the skills to create account plans, technical go-to-market plans and business cases for the technical needs to ePlus customers
- Learn how to leverage a question-based approach for driving the customer discovery process
- Learn how to respond to an RFP
- Develop presentation skills; co-present with senior engineering staff
- Leverage resources such as senior technical staff, overlay resources, subject matter experts and OEM partner resources
- Learn the solution offerings
- Develop communication and prioritization techniques
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Experience with network routing and switching, preferably with one or more of: Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.
- General understanding of Wireless (Aruba, Cisco), Security (Palo Alto Networks, Cisco), and Collaboration (WebEx, Cisco UCS) concepts and methodologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good attention-to-detail
Education and Experience:
- One to two years of formal education, training or applicable Cisco experience
- General understanding of Wireless (Aruba, Cisco), Security (PAN, Cisco, etc), and Collaboration (Webex) concepts and methodologies
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 – 20 pounds of force occasionally.
ePlus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ePlus promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19