X-wave Innovations, Inc. (XII) is a Research and Development (R&D) firm located at Gaithersburg, Maryland. We are currently conducting exciting state-of-the-art research and product development in the fast evolving areas of Power Electronics and Battery Management Systems for e-mobility applications. We are looking for a self-motivated Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer with in-depth experience using microcontrollers for real-time control and monitoring applications in these fields. Passionate, self-driven, good writing/communication skills, as well as excellent work ethics and attention to details are expected. This is a great opportunity for those who want to grow in an organization that values new ideas and want to have more control in their own career path. We value ethical and responsible individuals who are passionate and want to help our world be a better place through impactful technologies.
US citizen or Permanent Resident is preferred.
· Embedded firmware design and development: C, C++ for 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers. Multi-core microcontroller experience preferred.
· 10+ years of experience in embedded firmware design and development. This is a position that requires understanding of electronic hardware to develop deeply embedded firmware for microcontrollers. Familiarity with drivers for ADCs, DACs, memories, and other peripherals is necessary.
· This position requires a person able to see the big picture, someone that architects, designs, and develops embedded firmware. Has technical creativity to solve interesting and challenging problems and is familiar with System Engineering best practices
· Proficiency at requirement gathering and analysis, organization, providing system-level firmware analysis and design, and documenting using flowcharts, state machine diagrams, etc. of the design.
· Solid experience in implementing drivers that interface processor CPU or cores (multi-core microcontroller ) via: I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, PCI, PCIe, USB, LVDS, Ethernet.
· Experience with Texas Instruments microcontrollers from the C2000 family is an asset, such as TMS320F28379D or equivalent with multiple cores.
· Proficiency in analog circuitry is an asset. Knowledge of op-amps, circuits, and able to interact with hardware engineers to troubleshoot issues. Proficiency in digital and analog mixed circuits for measurements, communication, and power management (in small and low power circuits) desired.
· Exposure to IoT networking protocols considered an asset (e.g. Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi)
· Experience in developing digital controllers considered a plus
· Troubleshooting skills with oscilloscopes and other lab equipment is required
· Experience with one or more real time Operating systems is required. TI-RTOS experience is considered a plus.
· Architect, design and develop embedded software systems for applications that include measurement and control tasks
· Able to communicate progress and issues to the team and to interact with customers if needed to explain results
· Guide junior level embedded hardware and software engineers
· Develop project plans, identify key milestones, risks, and develop time estimates for each milestone to complete the project
· Document work on technical reports and professional diagrams, and assist technical leads with proposal and technical report writing
· This position is part of an R&D organization exploring innovative concepts and ideas. Having curiosity, imagination and creativity are important and rewarding. Creating and developing your own ideas and winning your own projects is a possibility from the start.
· M.Sc. or PhD (preferred) in EE, CS or related
We offer competitive salary along with a full benefit package (e.g., medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, profit-sharing, paid holidays, vacation, etc.). XII is an EEO/AA employer.
X-wave Innovations, Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
- Women-led organization
- Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- C: 5 years (Preferred)
- Embeded Hardware: 5 years (Preferred)
- Embedded Software: 10 years (Preferred)
- One location