Sr Business Analyst
Thursday, August 5, 2021
HomeEquity Bank is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986. HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Portfolio and Default Management, the Senior Business Analyst will work closely with cross-functional leaders to help support the group’s many initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for working collaboratively with leaders to identify opportunities and put forward supporting recommendations. The role will also be accountable for the development of executive content, supporting the VP and EVP.
This role requires a critical and strategic thinker with excellent data analysis and business case writing skills, and the ability to understand operational processes. Will be responsible to support all operational areas with annual planning, projects, and initiatives.
The successful candidate must be able to exercise discretion, good judgment and take initiative. Working with and presenting to the Executive Team, the incumbent must act as a key resource in providing content and analytical support to achieve our objectives.
He / she will ensure all activities are compliant with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures and will assist the VP with our current strategic initiatives.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Support Operations group in planning and reporting on, annual plan/performance, projects and initiatives. Working with various business units to align on goals and output
- Develop content for executive level presentations regarding business updates, opportunities and risks
- Drive business case development for key initiatives through quantitative analysis
- Support project and initiative implementation and ongoing reporting and analysis
- Support bank business reporting, data and analytics projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Postgraduate degree in business (MBA is highly desirable)
- Consulting experience or significant experience in preparing executive level presentations
- Understanding of Mortgage products
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Report creation and automation
- Critical thinking skills with an ability to identify opportunities, clearly and concisely put forward recommendations, problem solve and intuitively prioritize business initiatives
- Detail oriented and organized
- Displays integrity and concern for accuracy and ownership of processes and tasks
- Excel and financial modelling skills
- Verbal, written and presentation skills
- Natural collaborator and motivated by team success
- Self-starter who will thrive in fast-paced work environment
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homeequitybank.ca. If you'd like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.
- Job Family
- Pay Type