OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. This is a place like no other and where you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for the overall management of a book of business of large, strategic customers. The National Account Executive role is accountable for the maintenance, growth and increased profitability of existing business, the acquisition of new business on existing accounts, customer satisfaction and the strategic direction of assigned accounts with integrated Medical and Pharmacy business.
If you are located in the Central Region or West Coast, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Take lead role in pharmacy relationship and strategy development for existing OptumRx pharmacy clients to achieve retention, profitability and satisfaction objectives
- Define customer needs to enable company to differentiate and position for retention and growth
- Understand the competitive landscape and effectively position pharmacy management programs, participating as account management lead for pharmacy in best and final meetings, industry forums, broker and consultant meetings
- Organize internal resources as necessary to support pharmacy growth and retention for existing clients
- Channel customer needs and expectations into the larger organization's priorities initiatives and services
- Develop and monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Coordinate and influence superior customer service delivery by developing and maintaining strong intercompany relationships
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5 + years of client facing management experience in the PBM, healthcare industry, Health Plan, Pharmaceutical company and / or pharmacy consulting experience
- 5 + years of experience working with large employer and/or health plans. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with employer benefit consultants
- 5 + years business development / account management experience, preferably National Accounts, managing complex client benefit offerings
- 3+ years of Implementation experience
- Travel up to 25-35%
- Based on Central Region or West Coast
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or Pharm.D.
- Experience working with Pricing and ContractsStrong working knowledge of business planning and financial / underwriting acumen
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (internal/ external)
- Solid influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Solid relationship management, leadership and strategic skills
- Proven ability to navigate an often ambiguous and complex organization to resolve customer issues
- Solid negotiation and leadership skills
- Ability to create a strategic vision and plan its implementation
- Team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: National Account Executive , Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, West Coast, East Coast