JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Manager
LOCATION: Northern CA-(Preference) or Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for sales activities related to assigned accounts and/or in regions and territories of the USA. With a focus on:
- Acute care and select long-term care facilities
- Architects and facility design companies
- The VA and similar GPO organizations
- Hospital systems and other shared service organizations
You will work closely with your assigned regional POD, with whom integration must be seamless.
Your primary call points will include a broad base of health care professionals and supporting staff with whom you will strive to establish long-term strategic relationships. Through your efforts, and the effective execution of promotional resources, you will forge long-term collaborative partnerships with these key customers.
You will be required to maintain a strong knowledge base of our product line and establish yourself as a reliable source of information for the health care professionals in your territory.
As a Regional Sales Manager/Associate, you have aspirations to further develop your competencies and experience, evolving your role into one with more leadership responsibilities and influence, both within your POD and the organization as a whole
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
It is expected that you actively work with your Regional POD to:
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within Acute Care and select LTC segments, within the California/AZ states.
- Focus on major strategic accounts and
- Prepare a business plan for each account to identify what and how short and long-term customer needs may be
- Coordinate efforts with your team and co-workers, both here in the USA and Global HQ.
- Provide reports on the budget, forecast, and sales activity for a given period of
- Contact customers regularly to maintain account relationships, advise of new product and service offerings, and obtain feedback on
- Ensure that sales, engineering, and training departments provide post-implementation support to assigned accounts and customers.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during product utilization.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Prepare and conduct technical and product presentations and
- Participate in trade shows by representing the organization and sharing information on products.
- Provide feedback about competitors, market, products, ideas, laws and regulations, and other market information to marketing and product engineering teams for future product
- Share ideas and customer needs throughout all phases of the product life cycle (plan, design, integrate, install, manage).
- Maintain good relationships with the business community, colleagues, and competitors.
- Educate yourself via courses,
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Business or Health Sciences
- Field sales and training experience in the life sciences space (Medical)
- Experience in territory management
- Responsible for supervision of the area Sales Associate and Technical Sales Specialist
- Supervises staff following Company policy and applicable Federal, State, and local applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and development, and terminating employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Excellent customer service
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a high-performance sales team
- Support colleagues both from a business perspective, but also from a social responsibility perspective
- Maintainability to travel as needed by having current licenses and passport
- Maintain valid work permit and/or Visa for the U.S.
- Report any illegal or otherwise wrong behavior within the organization
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations. Strong presentation skills are a definite asset. Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest rates, and commissions. Basic knowledge of algebra and geometry would be an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a solid working knowledge about computers and display proficiency in MS Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to learn new software or applications.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment using adjustable chairs and standard office equipment. Travel by standard coach airfare, standard car, cab, train, and other normal transportation. Standing and walking during trade shows, and facility visits. This is an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Please direct all job inquiries and resumes to Leap Solutions Group.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location