GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The position of Jr Transactional Accounting Specialist is primarily focused on accounts receivable, with future responsibilities in accounts payable and order entry. This position is part of a team that is responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, contract orders, product orders, and taxes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond appropriately to internal and external customer needs by promptly responding to their inquiries and quickly resolving issues.
- Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner.
- Collection of customer accounts by phone and email to discuss outstanding invoices and payment status, requires a high level of customer service and accurate documentation of all communication.
- Account management including problem research and resolution, response to customer requests, and internal communication with various departments.
- Research, code, and post daily incoming payments, including checks, EFT, ACH, wire transfers, and all other electronic payments.
- Maintain customer master files, create new accounts, and regularly review accounts for periods of inactivity.
- Process credit applications in a timely manner.
Product Order Entry:
- Process incoming purchase orders using a variety of business systems and internal cross department communication and approvals.
- Work closely with customers to understand the needs and expectations of an order. Requires thorough and detailed communication via email and phone.
- Ensure that all orders fulfill the requirements of the sales order acceptance policy and appropriate approvals are obtained as required.
- Responsible for obtaining customer configuration information and working closely with production to ensure the required information is collected in a timely manner.
- Enter maintenance plans into the business system, verifying dates and end user information as necessary.
- Invoice billing only orders as required.
- Respond to post order customer inquiries in a timely manner, coordinating answers or resolution with appropriate departments.
- Maintain vendor master files, create new vendor accounts, and collect and maintain W9 forms.
- Process internal check requests and expense reports, ensuring appropriate approvals within company policy are obtained and items are posted accurately to the general ledger.
- Enter invoices into the business system, ensuring appropriate approvals within the company policy are obtained and items are posted accurately to the general ledger.
- Post wire transfers and other electronic payments as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with the purchasing department and outside vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review monthly vendor statements for past due invoices and credits.
- Cross train in all aspects of accounts payable provide back-up or fill in during times of absence or excessive work load.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle various administrative tasks including but not limited to scanning, filing, and copying.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- General understanding of accounts receivable and accounts payable tasks and processes.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong math skills required.
- Very strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High level of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Ability to efficiently achieve results in fast-paced team environment.
- Must be proficient with Excel, and with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (MS Word, Access, and Powerpoint).
- Familiar with use of office equipment such as copiers, printers, and fax machines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of related experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and customer service tasks.
- Or any appropriate combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
Zetron, Inc. is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425.820.6363, ext. 294 or via e-mail at [email protected]