Are you passionate about business and science? ...perfect!
In this role, we need someone that can influence how we think about our business through the use of advanced analytics techniques, unlocking new levels of information.
You will work within the Advanced Analytics function while partnering and working in alignment with a broader Data and Analytics department.
The Advanced Analytics function is responsible for tackling the most complex problems while providing day-to-day decision support as needed. You will own the end-to-end advanced analytics lifecycle that includes discovery, problem framing, data preparation, model building, and storytelling. Data is boundless, a key to success in this role is to remove the complexity that surrounds our business partners, we need stories about our data that are easy to follow.
This is a high visibility role where you will interact with all departments and levels of the organization on a project-by-project basis, having strong business acumen will help you navigate the organization and become a trusted partner.
Your impact, 90 days and beyond:
- Lead the advanced analytics practice, uncover insights for our organization to leverage in a variety of scenarios by diving deep into our business and even deeper into our database
- Partner with stakeholders to learn about their objectives and prioritize the most impactful opportunities that require decision support
- Analyze data and present insights that are contextual to support a problem or opportunity, advance your own knowledge of our business by continuously exploring our data
- Seek to learn more about how the product serves our customers, the inner workings of our platform, and the inception of our datasets in order to proactively identify value add opportunities
- Build statistical models and machine learning algorithms quickly and accurately using a range of methods with the ability to easily explain why the method of choice is appropriate
- Manage a portfolio of algorithms, models, and analytical research, set high standards by defining best practices and bring us along to level up our collective skillset
- 5+ years of experience in applying advanced analytics to support a variety of scenarios within an organization, deep specialization in statistical and machine learning models
- Experience with coaching cross-functional teams on when and where the advanced analytics capability should be used and what to expect from a timing and output perspective
- Proven experience with managing advanced analytics requirements, able to work across business and technical stakeholders, and can easily unpack/explain mathematical concepts
- Strong understanding of data management concepts with the ability to translate business and analytics requirements into credible data requirements for Data Engineering to support
- Hands-on skills with code (R or Python), databases (Snowflake, MySQL, etc...), and reporting platforms (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Google Spreadsheets, etc…)
Nice to Have:
- Ability to learn more about the company or particular project through partnership with key roles in Sales, Finance, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering
- Comfortable with building functional dashboards in Tableau in order to publish insights or studies for stakeholders to openly explore at their own pace
- Remote work - All of our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Excellent Benefits Package - We want a healthy and productive team
- Wellness Wednesdays - Our way of helping to achieve mental, and physical wellness during the pandemic
- Equity Program - An opportunity for all of our employees to share in HomeStars' success
- December Break - The office is closed the week before New Year’s Eve, every year
- Personal Growth. We provide constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- We are growing fast - HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
- Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth, Canada 2020
- We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.