We are searching for a Product DevelopmentProgram Manager in Victoria, BC. This position will have the enviable role of providing 10,000-foot strategic oversight of client relationships and product programs, while focusing on enabling our very experienced and capable team of Project Managers and talented Engineers to define, develop and launch new cutting-edge technology products.
The Program Manager will be an expert in the strategic aspects of project management, product development, client communications, stakeholder management and account management. While spending some time managing projects, this position will largely be working closely with Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Engineers. You know what it takes to successfully define, develop and launch new products and thus are able to synthesize strategic roadmaps, program plans and program risk registers. You also appreciate the dynamic environment of highly complex FOAK technology-rich products and the need to relentlessly understand, shape and revisit stakeholder expectations. You love building and fostering new relationships, both internally and externally. Breathing life into new designs is a passion.
What does *StarFish Medical* offer you?*
The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
- Build and foster meaningful, trust-based relationships with new clients
- Lead and inspire Sr PMs, PMs and PEs as they oversee teams developing new products and novel technologies from initial concept through detailed design.
- Coach and mentor other team members in all aspects of Strategic Project Management and Product Development
- Develop strategic program plans, program management plans, program charters and product roadmaps
- Spearhead project recovery assignments for challenged projects
- Conduct project health assessments and make recommendations to the PMO
- Initiate and lead effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box strategic thinking
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to ensure that schedules are met and budgets are controlled.
- Interface with Business Development to support the transfer of new activities into Engineering
- Initiate and lead appropriate design reviews as required
- Oversee the work of team members to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures, product requirements, and specifications.
- Ensure that all required design and quality documentation is completed and all design processes are followed.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), this will include developing and maintaining documentation
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience working through all aspects of the product development life cycle and stage gate process
- Minimum of 8 years of recent, related experience in the medical device field
- Leadership experience managing multi-functional teams through project management, and PMP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements to navigate projects in the ISO13485 environment
- Track record of building successful client relationships
- Excellent communications, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations and multiple time zones
- Tenacious personality and drive for success
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 80+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment. StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
Job Type: Full-time