FirstLight is seeking an experienced and success driven Vice President of Carrier Sales interested in taking their career to new heights. FirstLight, provides fiber optic data, voice, and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers in Upstate New York and Northern New England utilizing its own fiber optic network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications products, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and audio-conferencing, managed commercial wireless systems, and Data Center Colocation.
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee, lead, guide, and direct all activities of the Carrier sales team
- Develop high level sales strategy and supporting action plans for identified markets, clients, and service lines
- Analyze existing services and markets in terms of the ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and sustain or grow profitability
- Develop and manage the sales budgets and annual/quarterly goals
- Establishing metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Carrier sales team while holding them accountable for the achievement of goals.
Strategic Skills: Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends. Comprehends the big picture.
Organizational Skills/Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Resourcefulness/Initiative: Passionately finds ways over, around or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer.”
Team Player: Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we-they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the company.
Accountability: Fosters high level of accountability through fair, hard hitting performance management system. Free and deserved praise and recognition. Constructive in criticism. Provides frequent feedback.
Ambition: Desire to grow in responsibility
Job Qualifications & Preferences:
- 7+ years of recent and relevant sales experience within the telecommunications industry.
- 5+ years in sales leadership preferred with a proven track record leading an carrier sales organization, managing managers, and achieving significant growth targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing related field preferred. MBA a plus.
- Proven track record of building top end sales teams that exceeds sales goals and objectives
- High level of financial and business acumen, able to analyze and solve problems with varying degrees of complexity.
- Microsoft Office experience.
Headquartered in Albany, New York, FirstLight provides fiber-optic data, Internet, data center cloud and voice services to enterprise and carrier customers throughout the Northeast connecting nearly 9,000 locations in service with an additional 30,000 locations serviceable by its more than 15,000 route mile fiber network.
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and vacation.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.