At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a highly talented Customer Development Manager (CDM) to be responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territory, markets, and regions through effective relationships with Store Operations personnel. The right candidate will ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained in developing relationships with the high-level decision makers; driving a positive impact on all assigned stores. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Working with and training Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire area and region.
- Act as an account manager for an assigned retail merchandising account.
- Growing sales of incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives, as well as maintaining in-stock conditions.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions.
- Following sales call standards and orchestrating call coverage plans that meet the business needs of the client and retail customer.
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years previous experience managing key account in the retail or consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated history of building effective cross-functional relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Decision-making skills and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-browsers
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. Developing relationships with these higher level decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given region or market.
The CDM works with Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire area and region. This may include such opportunities as: planning, working retail with Retail Sales Merchandisers (RSMs), training and developing skills of RSM’s.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned territory and markets
- Delivering a positive gap versus Non-DRT
- Growing POS by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions
- Delivering consistent market & region level contact
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship
- Provides sales training and skill development of RSM’s in assigned geographies
- Utilizes preferred coaching style – coaching vs. telling, role playing, open ended questions
- Provides constructive feedback and development opportunities to RSM via coaching and CDM training recap forms
- Communicates feedback to Retail Supervisors (RS) concerning trainee’s strengths and opportunities
- Mentors assigned RSMD candidates
- Participates and may lead meetings for their area or other RS area meetings
- Consults with assigned RKCM/Communications Mgr about development of sales materials and other account information
- Provides field perspective and feedback on SIF questions for their assigned accounts
- Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of the client and retail customer.
- Effectively manages RSM training
- Other related duties as assigned
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 40%
- 1-3 years of experience in Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM)
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.