Gexpro Services is a world-class Supply Chain Services outsource provider, specializing in developing and managing production inventory management programs. Our managed inventory programs are designed to support manufacturing OEM’s with their engineered production material specifications, fulfillment, and quality requirements. Our expertise is in a broad offering of engineered commodities, coupled with our program management capabilities and established global supply chain network, uniquely position Gexpro Services to deliver rapid improvements in fulfillment, transaction and material costs productivity, and process and product quality. That's why we’re looking for someone like you - a fresh thinking, innovator, and groundbreaker.
Retention Bonus: Gexpro Services is offering a retention bonus up to $1,000 paid in two increments following 90 and 180 days of employment.
Benefits: Gexpro Services offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer Flexible Spending Accounts, an employee assistance program, health wellness programs, pet insurance and more! Eligible employees are able to contribute to our 401(k) immediately with a competitive match. Lastly, we offer several paid holidays and paid time off that includes personal, sick and vacation time.
The ideal candidate for the Inside Sales role will be responsible for communicating with customers to understand their needs, identify sales opportunities and make both inbound and outbound calls to process sales orders. The ideal candidate must also possess the ability to research and report pricing, products, and current/future market trends information.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements, and preferences.
- Processes telephone orders by quoting product prices, delivery specifications, and payment terms and by offering substitute products where appropriate.
- Assists outside sales personnel by processing priority transactions.
- Assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets.
- Processes product quotations and provides continuous follow up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle.
Skills, Knowledge, and Education
- High school diploma is required. Two-year technical degree or more preferred.
- Customer oriented and motivated with excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influence.
- Product and application knowledge will be given serious consideration.
- Equivalent experience in an industry with a strong sales background will be given serious consideration.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost, commissions, credit, rebate and profit, understand and interpret financial data and reports and balance sheets.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday or within normal business hours. The employee will be required to travel to different locations nationally. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, required to speak, read and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
DISCLAIMER:The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
“Gexpro Services (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.”