At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
First National Bank is seeking a Solution Architect for our Operational Data Store Program, which supports our customer-facing digital capabilities. As the solutions architect you will be supporting efforts to migrate data from legacy systems to cloud based solutions.
As a member of the Operational Data Store Program, you will work closely with other members of your Program Team to analyze, design, break down and plan work for the Delivery Teams in the Program. This may be done through participation in Agile ceremonies, small group meetings, or even one-on-one. Oftentimes, it is necessary to work with other IT Programs to remove technical roadblocks.
As a Solution Architect, you are responsible for ensuring the technical solutions meet the needs of the business and adhere to FNB IT standards. You will lead and coordinate the technical design of systems that support customer data and API capabilities. This includes identifying and documenting architectural details, discussing and presenting solution options, and reviewing new technology and potential IT investments. Heavy collaboration with those inside the Operational Data Store Program, as well as with other IT Programs, is required.
Solution Architects work closely with Delivery Teams to bring attention to any architecturally significant requirements. Listening to the challenges of the Delivery Teams and acting as their advocate within the organization is key. You will also work within the Program to identify potential risks and impacts, as well as organizing mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates effectively across IT and the Business to ensure organizational effectiveness
- Cultivates a strong partnership between the Program Team and Delivery Teams ensure work is understood
- Creates detailed technical diagrams, designs and solutions
- Provides technical guidance to the Program and Delivery team members
- Assists with planning Epics, Features and Stories into releases
- Supports and guides team with Agile processes and practices
- Participates in the IT Architecture guild
- Ensures thorough preparation and smooth implementation of system changes
- Helps the Program prepare and update financial forecasts and budgets
- Ensures that IT needs are reflected in technology contracts (directly or through team members)
- Represents the Digital Interactions Program to understand, plan, and accomplish work (Audit, Compliance, Line of Business, etc.)
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role as a technical lead or architect
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and development including the 3 main architecture methods:
- Event Driven
- Request and Response
- Experience and interest in modern software architectural design and development techniques such as Microservices, API driven ecosystems and Services based principles
- A strong understanding of data normalization and modeling
- A strong understanding of security, including PCI requirements for encryption, authentication, and access
- Experience with Spring Batch and Spring Data flow frameworks
- An understanding of and experience with Microservices, Spring Boot, Spring.io, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Services, Swagger, and Hibernate
- An understanding of and experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and or AWS Cloud ServicesLi
- An understanding of and experience with Use of SOAP UI, Maven, Ready API, STS IDE, IntelliJ IDE, Bamboo, Concourse, Ivy, JUnit, as well as SSL, Certificates, and Encryption
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues not specifically caused by code written by you or your team
- Use of common MS Office tools, including Visio and database query tools
- Ability to talk comfortably with groups of people
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Good skills in presentation, facilitation, communication and negotiation
- Passion towards providing technical guidance to help meet both individual and team needs
- Experience with financial forecasting and budgeting practices
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.