SolarEdge is the fastest growing smart energy company and the world’s #1 residential solar provider, with offices in 22 countries. We address a broad range of renewable market segments including residential solar and smart energy solutions, commercial solar, EV charging, UPS, and Grid Services.
We are looking for experienced and dynamic Director of Product Marketing to lead our effort to synthesize market, product, and competitive inputs into programs and products that drive the highest possible revenue for SolarEdge.
In this role you will be glue that binds our North American product teams and customers with our Product Management and R&D teams in Israel. You will support both existing products to drive improvements, as well as define new products that anticipate both market trends and customer requirements.
As an experienced industry practitioner you have a good command of the solar markets in North America and strong technical acumen within the solar ecosystem. You will be comfortable engaging in deep customer dialog and translating that into clear requirements for our customers. Simultaneously, you possess curiosity for our key markets and absorb knowledge quickly to maintain agility in a rapidly evolving market. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive our strategic product plan.
You will collaborate broadly with other SolarEdge teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand and provide differentiated solutions. An attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition to articulate our value.
Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Work closely with both existing and new customers to clearly understand product requirements
- Clearly articulate and define product requirements for Product Management and R&D teams
- Develop value propositions for SolarEdge products that are compelling to our customers
- Support field trials for new products and provide timely feedback
- Explore adjacent markets and product segments that could add value to our overall solutions
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products
- Work with various teams (marketing, sales, operations) to launch new products as well retire older products
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Required Skills and Qualifications*:
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with a related technology company in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Able to balance diverse project requirements and competing schedules
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player.
- Excellent in front of customers, influencers, and senior management. Demonstrated ability to engage in deep dialog with customers to understand their needs.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to contribute at the highest level to our department strategy, our plans, and our positioning
- Domain expertise and experience in HW technology is required. (PV, EV, Storage, etc)
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both strategy and hands on execution; data driven and intuitive and empathetic to the needs of our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field. Master’s degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time