The Sales Consultant will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans in order to increase market share for MMI in the Charlotte, NC market. They will collaborate strategically in an effort to drive growth as well as maintain business and deliver on customer expectations. This is an expansion territory with unlimited room for development. Must be a self-starter and a driver rather than an account manager.
This role is primarily responsible for increasing market share for MMI post-acute care solutions including, Orthopedic Products, Pain Management Solutions and Pneumatic Compression Devices. You will be providing best in class products such as: scoliosis bracing, knee bracing, back bracing, bone growth stem devices, static and dynamic splinting, neuromuscular stimulation devices, cold therapy solutions and pneumatic compression devices in targeted markets.
Who should apply:
- Top sales performers only. Please have your brag book available, updated LinkedIn profile, and professional recommendations
- No Pharma
- Results driven and proactive
- Type “A” personality who enjoys competition and thrives on exceeding your goals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Those who have a strong desire to make a difference and be part of an exciting growing company with unique market leading products
Why Join Us?
- Be rewarded for your efforts
- Base salary with aggressive performance-based commission plan and unlimited earning potential (ask our top performers they will tell you about it). We believe in rewarding great performance no matter how long you have been with us!
- Attractive Territory
- Ever growing demographic population and underserved in wound care, orthopedics and pain management solutions.
- Grow through challenging work
- Opportunities to take on bigger roles as the company continues to grow.
- Work with the best and the brightest
- Work alongside best in class medical device professionals, many of whom are tenured 10+ with the company
Who we are:
Medical Modalities (herein “MMI”) was founded in 1987 as a premier specialty medical equipment and services company that continues to innovate, grow, and provide best in class medical equipment and services in the post-acute care environment. We have grown over the years and our team members currently serve customers throughout the country with a focus on NC, SC, GA, AL, VA, and TN. We are a leader in the markets we serve with a highly differentiated and unique solution set. In fact, we rank number one nationally in several of our product categories. Our first priority is to make a difference in our patient’s lives by providing innovative healthcare products and services in both the orthopedic and wound care sectors. Through a team of dedicated professionals, we deliver best practice solutions that are changing lives throughout our region. We focus on putting those we serve first by working together in a collaborative, efficient, and respectful manner. MMI prides itself in being a workplace of excellence by recruiting, training, and retaining committed team members. We reward our team members for their efforts and strive to focus on maintaining a culture focused on taking care of our customers, investing in our team members, and ensuring Medical Modalities is a great place to “call home”. We believe we are helping to transform healthcare in our country by decreasing costs while increasing comfort without comprising quality of care. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
Where we’re going:
Today, we are aggressively investing in training, finding the best team members and products to ensure that we are well positioned to continue serving our patients and caregivers and remain a leader in the specialty medical equipment industry. Keeping our promise means we take responsibility for being the company people count on to “DO WHAT WE SAY”. And that means we strive for hiring passionate driven team members, commit to direct straight forward communication, provide best in class customer service, and provide the absolute highest quality products. Finally, we provide our team members the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from listening to all our team members and believe we must take risks on new ideas. How else can we innovate? It all begins and ends with our people, systems, and culture. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Come join our team and be part of improving our healthcare system with a company that wants to tell its story across the nation.
Salary and commission, car allowance, benefits include health, dental, life, 401K
Unlimited Commission Plan that attracts and retains top performers!
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage a book of business throughout the Birmingham AL territory. Primary call points will include orthopedic surgery clinics, neurosurgery and spine centers, pain centers, physical therapy clinics, lymphedema clinics, and VA Medical Centers
- Mastery of insurance reimbursement guidelines for key products and services and train providers on what is required
- Initiate and provide on-going communication to patients, therapists, physicians, and management
- Capable of aligning the client’s expectations with Medical Modalities organizational goals and objectives
- Uses business concepts to communicate directions and broaden thinking of others
- Collaborate with sales management in a regular basis to ensure a clear path to attaining and exceeding sales goals and activity level
- Conducting routine educational presentations to therapists, patients, and physicians relating to MMI products and services
- Ability to establish and manage weekly call schedules consisting of 40-50 outside sales calls per week and 1-2 in-services per week
- Establish sales strategies to attain monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Assist in providing customer support with training, reimbursement, concerns, or complaints
- Become a trusted advisor to your accounts
- Rigorous and intensive 90 day fast start program that has detailed objectives and deliverables.
- 5 years in the Healthcare industry with at least 3 years of sales experience
- Documented sales success (President’s Club, exceeding sales targets, etc.)
• BA Required • Completion of appropriate personality assessment
- Clean driving record and negative drug test
- Experience calling on orthopedic surgeons, pain centers, physical therapy Clinics, neurosurgery and spine clinics, lymphedema clinics, and hospital case managers
- Deep understanding of healthcare economics, reimbursement, and insurance coverage criteria.