We are seeking highly motivated people who can help us achieve our strategic intent. Be the difference. Be a part of the fastest growing promotional products supplier family in North America. We empower our people to serve the customer, embrace development and a learning culture, and reward and recognize above and beyond results. If you are passionate, undaunted, and make things happen, we want you to be part of our team!
The preferred location for candidates is Chicago, IL.
What you will be doing:
Representing PCNA, you will be selling product designs to be branded for use by businesses large and small. Selling through a distributor model, the focus of the Field Sales Manager (FSM) position is on achieving results that are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response and achieving successful deadlines. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
This job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. While this job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results and effective systems that achieve results through and with people. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunity, recognition, and reward for the achievement of business results.
What you will need to bring to the role:
- 5 years of Field/Outside Sales experience is a must
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in the promotional products industry highly preferred
- Strong computer skills with practical experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel - 25%
- A valid driver’s license
Are you the right fit?
- Dynamic Personality is a must have for this role
- Proven ability to understand strategic plans and turn them into action items
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an enthusiastic team
- Strong, yet professional, sales negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with customers, management and internal support staff
- Strong organizational skills day in and day out
- Proven track record in creating and executing a sales plan while also adapting as circumstances change.