ACCOUNT MANAGER, NFT SALES - CLIENT ACCOUNTING (TEMP)
Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this over 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Respect, Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation. Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
You will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the client transaction when buying and selling NFT pieces at Christie’s. The role will effectively perform an account management function which focuses on the transaction journey initially from a consignment/selling perspective through the journey to when the lot is sold and ultimately settled to the Seller. The responsibility of the role is to manage the accounting journey to make the client transaction run seamlessly and as effectively as possible, ensuring that at all times legal, company and statutory requirements are met.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
- Manage all client account transactions for a quota of NFT sales, assuming responsibility and ensuring tasks are carried out adhering to set deadlines
- Monitor online bidding for NFT sales
- Carry out credit checks as required, obtain and verify financial references for USD and cryptocurrency wallets ensuring that financial references are filed accordingly
- Coordinate with Compliance and Client Services teams to ensure “Know Your Client” and additional documents are obtained from the clients as necessary
- Update client bidding levels as required
- Liaise with the Specialist Departments, Treasury and Tax Departments regarding cryptocurrency wallet details, conversion and tax rates
- Prepare settlement statement and invoice templates in timely manner, monitor payments and ensure timely sale settlement
- Partner with Specialist Department and Treasury to effect token transfer for NFT lots
- Identify inefficiencies/bottlenecks in the end-to-end process within the role and actively ‘challenge the status-quo’
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Timely escalation of issues as appropriate
Responsible for all elements of the client transaction experience:
Auction Sale Management
- Conduct all pre-sales checks, in accordance with policies as revised and defined
- Extended payment term requests, agree and produce required paperwork (in conjunction with Commercial Finance
- Ensure all Payment Instructions are received and entered into JDE (per process definition)
- Chase buyer debts over set timeframes
- Process adjustments to seller transactions
- Process entries on to the AR & AP ledgers, including Sundry Invoicing, Intercompany Receipts, Contras, Post-Sale adjustments and refunds
- Debt chasing of all seller debts (to be defined)
- Manage the proactive communication of the position of a sale and other appropriate information with regards to the buyers and sellers to the Specialist departments and other appropriate stakeholders
- Field, resolve or escalate where appropriate both internal and external inquiries regarding client transactions
- Ensure legal and statutory requirements are met for all transactions
- Manage re-invoicing for approved requests
- Resolve Sales Tax adjustments and refunds as appropriate
- Process Sundry credits and invoices as requested
- Process cancelled sales and make stock requests
- Handle After Sale requests
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency and NFT market required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting required.
- Customer service experience to an expert level.
- Language skills preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative in a responsible and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and JDE preferred.
- Exceptional client service skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated with superiors, clients and peers
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and sites
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to creatively problem solves
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Outlook and COS and some knowledge of JDE
Job Type: Full-time