At Calavo Growers, we believe quality, teamwork, good citizenship, embodying a will to win and displaying a respect for our people forms the foundation of our mission.
Account Manager - Tomatoes
The Account Manager-Tomatoes will report directly to the Director of Sales and Operations (Tomatoes). The ideal candidate for this role will be self-driven, goal oriented, with strong customer service skills. In this role you will be making daily calls to current clients as well as identifying and connecting with prospective clients.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet regularly with Director of Sales to review account activity
- Establish effective account management reporting tools
- Understand all aspects of client’s account to make effective order recommendations
- Attend meetings, visit stores, participate at launches or events as directed by Director of Sales
- Call prospective customers to gain their business
- Recommend order amount to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability
- Go over quotes/pricing, contract terms and delivery dates with clients
- Make daily and weekly calls to ensure customer satisfaction and be proactive at resolving any issues/concerns
- Strong sales and account management background
- Produce sales experience/account management is required
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 5 years sales/account management experience
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Frequently talk and listen
- Frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel
- Occasionally be required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
“Calavo Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Calavo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Calavo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Calavo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”