Must apply on our website: www.olin.jobs
Direct link: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=OLIN&cws=47&rid=8727
Olin Chlor Alkali & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking Customer Support Specialists at the Lake Jackson, TX site. Additional locations may include Charleston, TN, Henderson, NV, McIntosh, AL, Houston, TX and Niagara Falls, NY.
The Customer Support Specialists utilize timely and effective communications with customers, multiple businesses and functional partners to deliver exceptional service to customers, colleagues, and profitability to Olin. By building successful relationships, they pull together and align multiple internal resources and capabilities, toward the goal of zero-defect customer satisfaction. They manage the entry of orders from initial contact with the customer or electronic channel, through material flow, until the correct product arrives at the correct time, under the correct delivery conditions, utilizing the correct equipment and with the correct accompanying paperwork to the customer.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small-caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges. Visit www.olin.com for more information on Olin.
- Provide support to the CAMP (Corrective Action Management Process) Coordinator to ensure timely follow-up and closure on Quality Notifications. Work with Global CAMP Coordinator and CS management to analyze data, identify repetitive issues and implement resolution.
- Assist SME in the development of training documentation. Provide training on relevant work processes, tools and systems.
- Use knowledge of RC 14001 and SOX guidelines and procedures to understand and promote proper internal controls adherence to comply with audit requirements. Actively participate in internal and external audits representing Customer Support
- Handle routine and non-routine customer order activities, including managing customer demand, following up on samples, complex order entry (i.e., consignment) guiding and leading activities of the order process utilizing work process, business strategy, and best practice to ensure high quality service.
- Manage customer inventory, using Telemetry or other automated systems, with a high degree of accountability.
- Determine the service and quality requirements of assigned accounts and coordinates all Olin activities to meet and exceed customer expectations. Realizes and anticipates how events and trends are likely to affect the customer’s future needs and determine appropriate actions, if needed.
- Use the SAP / S4 system to accurately and timely place customer orders. Works with a complex combination of order scenarios, such as multiple sourcing locations, various modes of transport, and many different products. Must analyze the Business Service Standards to meet the customer needs while supporting business functional performance.
- Must meet one of the following education / experience requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus 3 years of Olin Customer Support Experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree*; degree in Business, Logistics/Transportation, Marketing, or related discipline preferred
- 3 years' relevant Customer Support experience; experience with Logistics is preferred
- Proficency using S4/SAP; Familiarity with Rail Fleet System, Elemica,Telemety or other order visibility tools preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and sound judgement
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Work Location: One location