Requisition ID: 293623
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: ET
Hiring Manager: Jeff Collier
Recruiter Name: Yolette Caldwell
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As a strategic focus area for SAP, the Global Head of Business Network (“BN”) is responsible for the profitable revenue growth and overall success of the SAP Business Network global business. The Global Head of BN will work in conjunction with the Global Heads of Business Network Product and Engineering and Solution Marketing in executing upon our Business Network plan and vision that will serve as SAP’s key differentiator as we shift SAP’s focus to the cloud. The BN CRO will own the customer success across the full customer life cycle from Sales to Adoption to Expansion. This individual is also charged with business development in support of SAP GTM. Responsibilities also include customer-focused leadership and people development by effectively developing the skills and capabilities of the Customer Engagement Executives. Will oversee diagnostic and assessment efforts, assists with strategic realignments, and is familiar with the appropriate application of Business Network Solutions. This individual is directly accountable for accurately forecasting network growth and subscription software renewals globally. You will be responsible to achieve the revenue, renewal, network expansion targets and customer success metrics and to drive improvement of Net Promoter Score metrics. You will represent the voice of the field teams and the customer as a key input into the Solution Roadmap and Revenue budget. Further as the Business Network continues to evolve into a Trading Partner platform, you will be responsible for looking at both ‘buyer’s and ‘suppliers’.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead the global Business Network CRO leadership team
- Drive consistent and sustained regional customer revenue growth within a global delivery model, including all revenue models for all participating organizations
- Provide leadership in the planning, design, due diligence, and implementations of strategic business objectives in order to successfully reach the goals of the business
- Develop category, industry or regional specific points of view, methodologies, best practices and growth strategies that can be repurposed across the region to drive better outcomes for customers and SAP
- Maximize the targeted customer’s adoption of the Business Network with a network effect mindset (i.e. target customers who can become sellers who can also become a cross network user)
- Partner across Ariba and SAP in building and expanding relationships with key executives and decision-makers.
- Partner with the Product and Engineering and Marketing and Solutions management team to represent the needs of the field and help ensure ‘commercial’ value is a key input into the roadmap definition and development process
- Partner with Solution Marketing team to develop a next generation commercial model for the Business network
- Provide direction to form strategic account plans, including customer profiles, targeted programs, application descriptions, forecast reports, and action items
- Develop senior client relationships and aim to serve as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrate broad and deep knowledge of networks, spend management process and solutions
- Develop proficiency around the Business Networks, procurement and digital supply chain lines of business in the cloud
- Responsible for mentoring, inspiring, leading, training and guiding team members to perform optimally on customer engagements, practice development and Business Network expertise
- Actively participate with employee review processes, both at the project and company levels
- A minimum of 10-15 years of sales leadership experience to include global experience
- Achieved rapid top-line growth in cloud and network products
- Built and upgraded sales organizations and capabilities as revenues ramped up
- Led a disciplined sales process with proper pipelines and accurate forecasts
- Was a key part of a successful start up where an entrepreneurial approach was critical to success
- Integrated a smaller acquired company into a much larger multi-unit organization
- Managed business development, sales operations, presales, services, and support
- Sales leadership: Must be an accomplished senior sales leader with sound reputation, gravitas, and a successful track record in strategic and consultative sales across a complex region
- Customizing strategies to build capabilities and achieve revenue growth, with equal focus on selling directly to end-customers and selling internally
- Upgrading sales teams to become increasingly productive and successful
- Visionary and trusted advisor in customer engagement
- Thought leader in the field of customer engagement and e-commerce
- Engaging clients’ CXOs, articulating value proposition of CEC solutions – and thereby winning their trust and subsequent business
- Building and growing a customer engagement solutions organization
- Leadership across multiple regions, and a driving force for innovation
- Building and growing a profitable global organization within a matrixed environment
- Taking a portfolio approach to achieve targets, reduce dependency, and develop talent
- Tailoring influence and stakeholder management to leverage partner resources in different to amplify capabilities – and to navigate around issues with organizational agility and imaginative solutions
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :Virtual - USA