Regional Sales Managers are responsible for the daily supervision of an assigned geographical region, including hiring, training, coaching for improved performance, and monitoring the sales activity within the region. The RSM will be accountable for a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISR’s) and Area Sales Representatives (ASR’s) who build relationships with merchants in the area, make program presentations, and influence all aspects of American First Finance (AFF) program sales within key accounts including: program marketing, program utilization and generating dollar sales.
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus!
- Flexible Time Off and Market Leading Benefits!
- High-growth organization with advancement opportunities!
- Diverse, Collaborative, & Fun Work Environment!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct Sales Management of 1099 & W-2 workforce.
- Recruit, train, and develop the ISR and ASR team.
- Effective and efficient use of AFF’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Sell to business owners by listening to their needs and educating them on how American First Finance can help them capture additional customers and increase same store sales.
- Create, foster and grow relationships with existing clients by ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Conduct Field observations with each ASR.
- Provide consistent support for both ISR’s and ASR’s in launching new merchants and providing training for merchants
- Coach ASR to make effective sales presentations, achieve sales goals and develop relationships with the key account contacts by offering examples that improve performance.
- Evaluate and communicate key data analytics information to ensure maximum sales impact.
- Plan and conduct effective sales meetings in line with AFF compliance policies and regional expectations
- Collaborate and communicate with Marketing, Training, Merchant Care and Sales Operations on all needs, opportunities, and initiatives.
- Optimal management of region expense budget and resources to ensure ROI
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity while modeling behaviors consistent with company standards and policies for business and compliance related matters.
- Be accountable for meeting and/or exceeding established sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- High energy, great organization skills and uncompromising Integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 7-10 years of proven sales management experience or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Demonstration of sustained, high performance in current position and strong aptitude for learning
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal constituencies, such as Marketing, Training, Trade, and Sales Operations to achieve corporate objectives
- High sense of urgency and customer service orientation
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand market opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a highly driven culture that is performance based, fast paced, and results oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and follow up.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and car insurance for travel within assigned region.
- Experience in a commission-based sales environment based on a combination of cold, warm and hot leads.
- Financial Acumen- ability to manage budgets and resources effectively and efficiently for high impact.
- Understands the value of metrics and has analytical capabilities to use data to drive increased market penetration and market opportunities.