VIZIO's dynamic Business Development Team is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who will work closely with business leadership to identify, scope, negotiate and establish partnerships with media, internet, technology, and gaming companies to support the company's connected-TV ecosystem.
As a part of this team, you will help evolve VIZIO's SmartCast platform in terms of the breadth of content, partnership uniqueness, and financial impact on the overall VIZIO organization. You’ll also support VIZIO's product management team during the acquisition and licensing of third-party intellectual property. You will required to handle multiple high-priority deals simultaneously and effectively negotiate value-added business terms. In this exciting role, you’ll be at the heart of VIZIO’s content, technology and platform partnerships as VIZIO continues to expand its position as the center of the smart home.
- Work closely with business leadership to identify, scope, negotiate and establish partnerships with media, internet, technology, and gaming companies to support the company's connected-TV ecosystem.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage technology partnerships and content distributing & licensing deals that drive competitive advantage and customer enjoyment and support VIZIO's strategic digital objectives
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of proposed deals and work with company leaders across all functional areas of VIZIO to execute on the relationships
- Assist in developing a deal strategy, incorporating financial analysis, research input, and stakeholder requirements
- Negotiate inbound licensing terms and conditions for ingredient technology deals.
- Manage platform technology partnerships (e.g. Google, Amazon, Apple)
- Provide support to product management team during the contract lifestyle - solicit input for deal terms.
You are a well-rounded business development professional with experience negotiating and closing deals across multiple disciplines. You’re connected in the industry and you are well respected. You have a deep understanding of the business models within the content and technology ecosystem and are familiar with the KPIs for each type of content partner (AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, etc.). You are a story-teller who can clearly articulate the VIZIO value proposition and our company's strategic direction to our external partners.
- You have exceptional partnership management skills, with a focus on aligning long-term objectives between organizations.
- You have solid cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to build consensus among teams (product, engineering, marketing, sales, finance).
- You can command a room or a conversation with your strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office products.
- You have your Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field.
- You have 7+ years of business development experience and contract negotiation for content distribution, licensing, and intellectual property in a partner/external facing role.
- You possess a solid understanding of the connected TV space and entertainment sector, with knowledge of traditional licensing and revenue models for content and IP.
- You are experienced in redlining term sheets and agreements that will also reviewed by counsel and you also have the ability to assess recommendations provided by counsel in order to provide an internal summary.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.