Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Sr. Solutions Engineer - Global Accounts
Who we are:
The Global Professional Services team is responsible for providing implementation services on PayPal’s Pay-in, Pay-out, Identity and Risk Platforms, as well as our Marketplace solutions and expansive product offerings to our Global Partners. We work with Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to understand the Partner/Merchant business challenges, envision the solutions, and turn the vision into reality.
We are seeking a well-experienced, hands-on Solutions Engineer or Architect to lead our client life cycle, work through solution brainstorming, and help design scalable and global solutions across all our tier markets. This individual will directly support assigned Global Accounts and Account Executives as required, both in the office and in the field throughout the Pre-Sales stage to Solution launch. Be the ‘voice of the customer’ when providing feedback to Product Managers, Technology Leads, and other internal groups on new functions and feature enhancements.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the largest organizations in the world to create solutions that drive sales, reduce complexity, and cut costs
- Provide pre-sales engineering support to account teams and lead solution discovery discussions with our clients and partners
- Bring your passion and leadership to help create great products side-by-side with internal Product and Engineering teams
- Be a trusted advisor to both clients and internal stakeholders and demonstrate amazing payments industry expertise as well as knowledge of PayPal products and services
- Always look for ways to “force multiply” by creating tools, resources, and documentation that can be leveraged by your Solution Engineer teammates as well as other stakeholders
- Work with technical product leads to design a solution that optimally utilizes our products and payment platform
- Lead complex partner engagements that may involve multiple project teams from PayPal and our partner organizations. Coordinate with core and engineering teams as needed
- Construct a technical architecture of multiple solutions to match Merchant’s industry standards, use cases, strategy and technical needs
- Maintain regular communication with both the Merchant/Partner and internal teams, and constantly manage client expectations
- Develop Solution Proposals and Solution Designs to define the overall solution and implementation plan with partner engineering teams
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery. Work with internal Product teams to align roadmap phases for future release schedules
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external API capabilities of PayPal
- Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of a launch are managed
- Ensure Merchant implements optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices
Who you are:
- You have great domain experience in payments
- You are an enthusiastic and rapid learner
- You can leverage your executive presence and strong business acumen to become a trusted advisor to our partners
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to speak to diverse audiences and across functional areas to build a cohesive message and create consensus
- You focus on the ‘Why’ as much as the ‘How’
- Your demonstrated technical expertise allows you to lead business,software and architecture discussions through functional definition, solution, and integration stages on large scale, complex engagements
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can develop deep understanding of our products and technology and determine the proper merchant and consumer solutions for web commerce, mobile applications, and payment platforms
- You have great problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- You have strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in fin-tech and/or computer science
- 5+ years in Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline) especially with ecommerce systems, payments gateways and/or payment processors
5+ years of experience/exposure in the following areas:
- Web and mobile technologies including Web Services, APIs, REST, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and leading web and mobile application frameworks
- Working with or leading Technical Product Management
- Working in a Pre-Sales capacity support Business Development initiatives
- 5+ years relevant experience in a leading role such as Technical/Solution Engineer or Architect
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% if necessary) in support of key project milestones
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.