We are seeking a full-time engineer for our Custom Solutions team in our Lenexa, KS office to play a key role in helping our customers achieve their goals. This person will be eager to be exposed to a wide range of customers, industries, and technologies through a career with an industry leader – Swagelok.
The Applications Engineer works with sales representatives, field engineers and customers to provide high-quality fluid system custom assemblies by providing engineering drawings, sales support, and general project management and execution. The engineer ensures the proper application of engineering practices, procedures, and criteria while making certain the project goals of cost, quality, and timeliness are met.
WHO YOU ARE
You are engaging and energizing, known for your positive attitude and optimism. You are self-motivated and show initiative in your day-to-day tasks. You enjoy working with customers and are eager to contribute your ideas and perspectives and ready to help implement creative ideas.
If this is you, apply with us! We are looking for people are passionate about bettering the lives and experiences of our team and our customers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Reviews customer applications and P&ID’s for Custom Assemblies by checking material compatibility, pressure, temperature, and flow requirements
- Engages with customers over phone, email or in the field
- Evaluates third-party components and cross references with Swagelok parts when applicable
- Reviews large project bid package and specifications
- Generates CAD model requests and models via requests to corporate, collaborating with engineers from other distributorships
- Creates concept sales drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, assembly fabrication drawings, machine drawings for vendors, or wrap drawings for vendors
- Uses our distributor system to request quotes and check part availability; enters quotes and orders for some CS assemblies as needed; creates part numbers and bills of materials
- Creates production routing, quality planning and test protocol documents for projects
- Provides support to production for technical issues with part fit and function
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Collaborating with your team
- Good verbal and listening communication skills
- Earning the trust of our customers as a “go-to” source for expertise, perspective, and ideas
- Organizational skills with a keen eye for prioritization and details
- Continuously learning about new applications and industries
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A four-year degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and at least two years of industry experience in instrumentation or process industries, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of two years of working experience with SolidWorks
WHO WE ARE
Joining our family would mean working with a team that cares about YOU. Our 55-year-old company focuses on quality, integrity, and respect, yet continues growing to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
Swagelok is the industrial leader of the highest quality valves and fittings, see www.swagelok.com for more information on our products and services. Swagelok sells through a network of sales and service centers (SSCs). Our distributorship (SSC) covers much of the heartland, from South Dakota, down to Arkansas. This position is in our La Vista office and will report to the Customer Service Manager located in Kansas City.
- Organizational skills
- Proven mechanical and technical aptitude
- VBA programming experience is desired
- Adobe Illustrator experience is desired
- High proficiency in SolidWorks is required
We provide a rich benefit plan, including
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance – 70% of premiums paid by the company for you and your family
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with a substantial company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Log onto https://kansascity.swagelok.com to learn more about our sales and service center and our team, and www.swagelok.com to learn about our products and the larger Swagelok organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- CAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location