Location: Remote location within the US
Welcome to Holland America Line, a premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly spacious ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. The Business Development Manager – Series, Wholesalers & Tour Operators, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by developing and executing a strategy to series, wholesaler & tour operators' business. Directly accountable for revenue production from assigned channels on all major product groups for Holland America Line. Promotes company products to accounts through on-site sales calls, telephone and written communication.
Business Development Manager will work with teams across Holland America Line, and can sit remote within the US, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. Holland America Line offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Business Development Manager . Is this you?
- Meeting and/or exceeding all sales targets for assigned channels.
- Developing and executing a sales strategy for series and wholesalers as well as tour operators in North America.
- Prospecting and securing new sources of series and wholesaler business.
- Generating concessions and negotiating net rate pricing with Revenue Management for annual series and wholesaler programs.
- Closing sales and issuing contracts for series and wholesaler groups.
- Maintaining strong and effective long- term relationships that align company objectives via physical and virtual sales calls.
- Facilitating service and support to internal resolution points.
- Representing Holland America at appropriate trade shows and industry functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of sales management and/or relevant operational experience with a preference for prior work in the incentive group, series and wholesaler arenas.
- Strong sales acumen with ability to pursue long-range deals who recognizes and pursues new opportunities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong negotiator
- Exemplifies brand profile
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Generative Posture (motivator, optimistic, transparent)
- Self-starter, team player and able to work independently
- Physical Demands: Work is conducted in many different environments – HQ office, sales calls, trade shows and aboard ship during charters.
- Travel Requirements: Travel up to 50%
- Position will be located at the Holland America Group office located in Seattle, WA or remotely based. Work beyond normal business hours may be required occasionally to support business needs, projects or operational support that may be required outside of normal business hours or on weekends.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected]