The Sales Consultant represents Southern Glazer’s in the market as a member of the Southern Glazer’s family. This individual is passionate, innovative, and self-motivated with a business-oriented and customer-focused mindset. The Sales Consultant’s primary responsibilities are to visit the customer, have the right consultative sales conversations, and increase sales revenue. Face-to-face consultative selling built on trusting relationships drives maximum value to our customer and supplier partners as well as to the SGWS organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build positive, credible, lasting customer relationships based on trust.
- Discover and identify customer business growth needs.
- Develop a customer business growth plan for each account.
- Analyze data and insights to increase sales, grow customer business, and better achieve objectives.
- Build a pipeline of selling opportunities to drive incremental sales above base business.
- Regularly and consistently pre-plan account visits with an agenda, service purpose, and selling opportunities.
- Prioritize sales activities to achieve objectives based on each customer business growth plan.
- Visit accounts regularly, capture visit notes, and build visit plans considering previous visit outcomes.
- Maintain deep knowledge of SGWS products and correctly present and position them in each account.
- Propose selling solutions to each customer and win the sale using consultative selling skills.
- Achieve internal SGWS and supplier objectives as prioritized by management.
- Manage customer issue resolution and seek additional opportunities to support the customer’s needs.
- Adapt the selling approach based on each customer’s buying styles and individual business needs.
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in all accounts staying current with what competitors are offering and how SGWS products are positioned relative to the competition.
- Document and maintain account- and customer-specific information in the Proof CRM application.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and supplier events as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to analyze and understand data and information.
- Able to leverage SGWS technology to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Able to build and structure customer presentations and product proposals.
- Proficient in using mobile devices (e.g., iPad®, smartphone) and online communication techniques (email, posting, texting, etc.) in a professional manner.
- Able to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and results; commits to providing a consistently high level of service to customers, suppliers, colleagues, and management.
- Able to communicate effectively through various methods and express self clearly and concisely while appropriately tailoring the message to the audience.
- Able to be nimble in ambiguity; be open to change; embrace innovative ideas.
- Team player; works collaboratively with others.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Able to maintain a valid and current driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline.
- Working proficiency in Salesforce.com.
- Strong working knowledge of SGWS portfolio and products.
- Able to quickly learn new information, skills, and/or technology.
- Goal-oriented focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Understand retail pricing and can calculate retail margin and markup.
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device.
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping.
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include driving throughout the day with segments up to 2 hours.
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs.
About Southern Glazer's Wine And Spirits Of Texas:
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is the largest distributor of beverage alcohol in North America, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. Southern Glazer’s has a proud history of consistently delivering impeccable service in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, Canada and the Caribbean. It’s all made possible by our employees. Our careers focus on delivering a captivating and rewarding experience. Challenging our colleagues every step of the way, we provide the tools for them to grow, succeed and accomplish both their personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service for our suppliers and our customers while we put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.Southern Glazer’s is nationally recognized by its supplier partners as well as by its customers for its state-of-the-art distribution capabilities and its leading-edge information technology. We also believe in the importance of giving back, being a socially responsible corporate citizen and making generous contributions to national, state and local charitable organizations.