- Industry experience in gaming and/or gambling related to technology, and/or transformation roles in the games or gambling industries, or building and selling solutions to firms in these industries.
- 7+ years of work experience in digital customer experience, solutions development, product management, product marketing, or business development, and/or transformation roles in the games or gambling industries, or building and selling solutions to firms in these industries.
The video games and real money gaming industries lie at the intersection of technology, psychology, and the arts. With more than 2.5 billion people playing every day, creating exciting personalized, and scalable experiences has never offered more opportunity. At AWS Game Tech, our mission is to support games and real money gaming customers to build fun, innovative, and successful experiences. We strive to power every game experience in the world with AWS.
Our cross-functional gaming team focuses on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels. As the GTM Specialist, Games and Gambling, North America, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver our worldwide strategy for the games and gambling industries with particular focus on the North American market. Your responsibilities will be to develop, implement, and manage go-to-market strategies, drive sales enablement, and work with field teams to accelerate customer adoption. You will also join the account teams for our highest priority customers, focusing on CXO engagement and acting as a trusted business advisor. You will collaborate closely with specialist teams across AWS, and must be comfortable working with cross-functional global teams in dynamic organizations.
The right candidate will have a successful track record interacting at senior industry levels, a technical or consulting background, and demonstrable experience in developing go-to-market programs. This person will have a thorough understanding of the games and real money gaming / gambling industries, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, a strong data and metrics bias, and a passion for helping playmakers innovate and create new and exciting experiences! They will also have experience and knowledge of product development, and digital customer engagement systems used by game developers and gambling operators to manage their end customer relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the global AWS Game Tech team to define and execute on strategic market development plans.
- Deploy – pilot and scale – growth initiatives in the field working with sales enablement, business development, and account teams.
- Serve as a key member of the account team for our highest priority customers, driving discussions with C-level stakeholders and acting as a trusted business advisor for their cloud adoption and business modernization.
- Develop sales enablement materials supporting go-to-market activities (Sales PlayBooks, First Call Decks), particularly for the gambling industry.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and align marketing campaigns to drive awareness and demand, particularly for the gambling industry.
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, engage with regulators, and speak at public events driving thought leadership in the industry domains.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of games and gambling development and management processes across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and Console.
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure to support digital customer experience, analytics and big data, and game servers.
- A passion for the games or gambling industries, combined with a deep understanding of how they operate, including of their unique characteristics and culture.
- Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms, and understanding of their relevance to games and gambling use cases.
- Technical knowledge of games and gambling industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystems, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- Experience developing, implementing, managing and executing cross-functional industry growth programs and sales motions.
- Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.