Business Development Associate
You have the talent and motivation, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed- a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers!
Triumvirate Environmental Inc. is looking for a self-motivated, driven, entry- level Business Development Associate to partake in our Business Development Advancement Program. You will work closely with the best and the brightest to learn our business & industry, how to consultatively sell our services, and how to manage the expectations our external & internal customers. This position will prepare you for a Business Development Manager position within Triumvirate.
We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Refine your ability to sell consultatively to clients and prospects on Triumvirate’s service lines.
- Assist the sales team and co-account manage customers with senior Business Development Managers (BDM) in all related functions of customer service, account management and business development.
- Refine your ability to do account discovery / prospecting, including but not limited to prospect research, data entry, cold calls and emails, and networking
- Assist with the growth of top accounts through the development of standard operating procedures to ensure quality control over the long term
- Cross train throughout the different departments at TEI
- Attend or lead key account management meetings with internal staff and/or external customers with a goal of delivering and maintaining WOW level service.
- Assist in scoping and creation of proposals for projects, annuity and cross selling of clients and prospects
- Involved with the quality of work relevant field work performed by other staff members
- Invoice review to ensure they are correct to maximize billing opportunities
- Performing external trainings for internal staff and clients
- Being an outspoken leader who is a key player in building and cross selling at new annuity accounts and current assigned / co-assigned book of business while maintaining advisor level relationships.
- Be involved with and aware of Health and Safety while on job sites and driving.
- Ability to manage a backlog of scheduled business that matches a rolling forecast of your future business.
- Establish relationships with new clients and managing the needs of existing clients
- Develop communication and selling skills.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong business acumen and exceptional analytic and consultative skills to understand the Environmental Service Industry trends and leverage insights to deliver WOW level service.
- The Business Development Associate must have a history of meeting or exceeding sales quota and superior customer service skills with the ability to work independently while making contributions in a co-team sales environment.
- Develop an understanding on RCRA, DOT, OSHA, and State regulations as well as Disposal Facility standard operating procedures.
- Develop a understanding of paperwork on assigned clients sites related to State and Federal regulations (shipping documents, LDRs, Profiles, Packing slips, Job Sheets)
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- BS/BA in Business, Sales, Marketing, environmental or similar with a desire for a sales-related career.
- Greater than 1 year of experience and/or the completion of TEI’s Sales Development Program.
- Knowledge with RCRA, DOT, and OSHA regulations a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience with sales campaigns and prospecting cadence to open new doors
- Project management with real world problem-solving experience a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Leadership experience and willingness towards mentoring and coaching employees
- Great listening skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and a variety of personalities.
- Able to quickly adapt to change and shift gears frequently. Self-starter who takes initiative with the ability to work independently or part of a team
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to navigate their way around and be resourceful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements!
- Gyms at select branch locations.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with co. contribution.
- Very Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program - WOW!
- TONS of safety training with opportunities for external trainings and certifications!
- Paid time off and select paid holidays!
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more!
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.