The National Accounts Sales Manager for the Self-Storage business will have territory responsibilities for the United States. Primary responsibility is to grow sales by identifying, prospecting, and selling nationwide opportunities in the self-storage industry, building and maintaining relationships with developers and key players in this industry. This role will also do complete take offs for projects, based on drawings from the customers.
We will set you up with a home office. Proximity to an airport is ideal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage small to med size accounts (up to million dollar in projects per account)
- Pursue new opportunities and follow up on existing ones through new leads, referrals, cold calling and participation in trade shows
- Establish and maintain good customer communication, implementing a strong follow-up process to close the sale.
- Create the take-offs for self-storage projects, listing all doors and interior system materials required for the project.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with builders, developers, contractors, engineers, architects, end-user customers and all relevant players in the industry.
- Maintain call reports, communicate new business opportunities and market intelligence to the company.
- Responsible for developing territory sales budgets and individual account goals, promoting product loyalty.
- A minimum of five to eight years of sales experience, two to five years selling an engineered product, preferably in the building materials or self-storage segment.
- Sales experience with proven track record to grow sales in assigned territory, preferably on the national level with well-establish companies.
- Must possess a strong mechanical/technical aptitude and be good with numbers.
- An understanding of the construction industry with the ability to read, understand blue prints, specifications and perform take-offs.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to engage, possessing excellent selling skills.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills; responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Ability to think and operate both short and long term, be able to hit sales numbers without sacrificing long term goals.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and manuals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must also have an understanding of pricing and P&L as it relates to customers.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- At least 40% travel is essential with this position.