Last General Sales Manager has been promoted to General Manager. If you enjoy the income opportunities that the position and department presents, then Toyota of Midland is the place to be. We are growing and require a candidate who can run a winning team. Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced General Sales Manager who would be responsible for the dealerships sales objectives, goals, and overall customer satisfaction at the dealership. To accomplish this task, the manager must effectively manage the sales personnel; have a strong knowledge of the local market and a understanding of the sales departments financial data.
Previous auto dealership experience required. Must have proven ability to increase sales and manage employees.
- Manages the flow of internet leads, ensuring that all leads are promptly and accurately answered and assigned for follow-up.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels and monitors the performance of all salespeople.
- Directs sales staffing and training in ways that will enhance the development and control of our sales process.
- Must be able to lead and motivate a small sales team, manage the reconditioning process and assist in marketing activities
- Handles all activities at the sales desk, ensures proper conduct at the sales desk at all times.
- Monitors and directs the asst. sales manager’s daily activities.
- Responsible for tracking all daily activities to include: customer traffic, phone traffic, follow up traffic, deliveries, CSI and gross profit.
- Works with F&I dept. to ensure accurate information on all customers and their vehicle information.
- Ensures the process for taking credit information is done lawfully and that all information is protected.
- Ensures 100% turnover to F&I dept.
- Ensures that the company policy for Privacy Notices is being followed.
- Works with F&I to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensures that Red Flag and OFAC checks are being processed and that company policies are being followed.
- Assist F&I in the financing of all customers.
- Ensures accuracy of all information.
- Has a strong working knowledge of the DMS system.
- Assists in establishing annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses and operating profit.
- Monitors salesperson productivity and performance.
- Orders/acquires new and used vehicle inventory.
- Administers and monitors factory-sponsored programs.
- Reviews market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs and volume potential and develops sales campaigns to accommodate the goals of the dealership.
- Serves as liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Ensures that all federal, state, local and company policies are being followed to assure the safeguarding of customer information.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Informs supervisor of any illegal activity.
- Previous Sale Management Experance Requires
- Responsible, ethical and committed
- Previous sales success
- Drug screen, background check and clean driving record
- Performance driven with a need to succeed
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, prescription, disability, and life insurance; 401(K) retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays. Drug free workplace, background check.