As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Broking Center of Excellence for Power & Utilities within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Calgary, AB. As a Senior Broker, you will report directly to the National Center of Excellence Broking Manager.
Your impact as a Senior Broker, Power & Utilities:
As a Senior Broker with Aon’s Energy Centre of Excellence in Calgary, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients. This role will verify the accuracy of all policies and documentation with the agreed negotiated terms and conditions. To ensure delivery of Aon’s distinctive client value, your role will be responsible for the following:
Collaborating with Power and Utilities Account Executive to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Analyzing client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; preparing and presenting marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Initiating, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community through attendance and participation at industry functions and events;
- Following up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
- Approving documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of insurance and/or commercial marketing, broking experience;
- Proven broking experience within the Power and Utilities space is an asset;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Client relationship focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
Education and Professional Development:
- Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred
- Level 2 License is preferred
- Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 3 preferred or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations (I.e. General Insurance License/ Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM)
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.