At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Manage IBM Canada’s largest accounts from a cyber security software sales perspective fostering strong relationship with the CISO and lines of business.
- Be able to build and articulate business cases for both, lines of business and procurement while being able to position the technical value proposition to the solution evaluators.
- Drive business development activities and outcomes that continuosly grows the IBM solution footprint while protecting existing footprint from competition.
- Continuously capture competitive win back across the account and be a go-to trusted advisor to the client.
- Build robust win plans at an account level with clear action plan on execution while having a clear close plan for every opportunity in pursuit.
- Be able to effectively articulate the opportunity and assistance needed in closing business with senior management teams while having a robust pipeline that drives business consistently on a quarterly basis.
Primary teams will include the immediate sales team reporting to a local sales manager while working with the extended client teams to ensure sales effort are aligned with overall account strategy complementing and augmenting existing opportunities.
Individual needs to be
- passionate about solving client’s business challenges.
- Be able to take personal interest and challenge self in finding innovative ways of solving client challenges leveraging client’s existing investments in cyber technology while finding ways of augmenting/supplementing in a meaningful wasy that accelerates client success.
- Be able to understand and articulate value of traditional on-prem solutions while also be able to deliver compelling cloud messages specifically around hybrid deployments.
IBM is the largest cyber security vendor in the World. IBM has gained the highest levels of regard in the cyber security space Globally. IBM continues to drive innovation around Cloud Security, Digital Trust, Threat Management along with Startegy and Risk Management. Being part of this team will put the individual in the trusted advisor seat with IBM’s largest clients and gain instant credibility that will allow the individual to drive quantifiable outcomes from the start.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Successful candidate will see immediate returns on investment of effort if individual has strong cyber security knowledge and understanding.
- Someone who has a minimum of 5yrs of experience in the space in the Canadian market having served large accounts such as banks and government.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) with French being a strong asset.
- Curious; Problem Solving; Analytical; Creative; Desire to constantly learn; Organized; Confidence; Personal pride and ownership are some personality traits that we are looking for.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Any or all of CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CEH are preferred, but not required.
- Industry experience- Government, TELCO, and/or Financial Services & Insurance experience is preferred.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job Details Country/Region:CA State:ONTARIO City:Markham Category:Sales Required Education:Bachelor's Degree Position Type:Professional Employment Type:Full-Time Contract Type:Regular Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee Req ID:434102BR Travel Required:Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)