Director, Business Analysis
Industry Managed Solutions
Contract (12 months)
The Industry Managed Solutions team requires a Business Analyst to translate and document the various GS1 solutions offerings, helping to consolidate the various streams of data and information from throughout the organization. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to assess, research, analyse and document business and systems processes. In addition, the Analyst will help create and maintain a comprehensive set of documents and reports which will help describe the current state of the business and support the review and evaluation of the processes. The Analyst will also be responsible for capturing the evolving changes in the processes and make recommendations on process optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain infographics and reports on the current business processes and present the findings to senior management and executives
- Conduct Process and systems mapping from an external and internal perspective
- Document business processes and rules in a user perspective and identify the gaps and responsible for recommendation of process optimization and contribute in the evaluation
- Own capturing the data flow mapping across various business and system processes and interpret the value offerings and validations
- Collect, organize and maintain information from various sources throughout the organization (incl. subscriber feedback, business requirements, sector board feedback, etc) and deliver regular status updates regarding progress within various project assignments
- Interpret system and technology processes and document the findings
- Develop and manage reports to identify trends and opportunities within key business areas
- Conduct industry research and communicate finding to leadership;
- Act as a conduit between the Industry Managed Solutions team and other key stakeholder in the organization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with developing and presenting reports, and ability to connect with both business and technology stakeholders
- Communicates complex concepts in a clear manner to others and good presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and deduction skills with common sense and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, summarize and report on various sources of information and present findings in a succinct and professional manner
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products; must have exceptional Documenting and Presentation and working knowledge of MS Power Point and Word (or other database management system).
- Ability to independently gain insight into and develop process / system changes and improvements.
- Capable of applying a professional knowledge, possessing a high level of problem solving, analytical abilities and negotiation skills;
- Working knowledge of Retail and/or Manufacturing industry as well as supply chain technologies and emerging trends would be an advantage
- Proven ability to build effective and successful relationships within and outside the organization;
- Ability to work at a detailed level and quickly learn business application-specific details;
- Strong orientation toward excellence in results and proven ability to quickly become a subject matter expert;
- Self-starter, able to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks with minimum supervision and strong attention to detail
- Desire to learn and succeed in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment
Click here to apply online.
GS1 Canadais an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview and assessment process.