Corel is all about breaking convention to achieve exceptional things. We’re the people behind the world’s leading software and we’re obsessed with finding new ways to harness the creativity of our customers and our employees. We’re a talented, eclectic, and eccentric group that makes coming to work every day worth your while. This is not your typical tech team. We also have a healthy respect for work-life balance – so you can leave work at work.
The VP of Global Sales Operations is a strategic role within Corel designed to work across functions (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product) to drive visibility into the business and enable the Sales team to become more productive.
- Working with the Chief Revenue Officer and key GTM leaders, s/he will develop and implement sales strategies across the organization at scale to drive revenue.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization in implementing revenue organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business goals and strategies.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Lead the sales planning process working with FP&A to accurately forecast and report on sales quotas. Sales Operations will also work with the Data Analytics group to define one source of truth and identify reliable success metrics.
- Leads the efforts to design, refine, and maintain an optimal sales process and methodology to improve pipeline management and velocity, forecasting, and sales performance oversight.
- Own the creation, accuracy, and efficient distribution of sales metrics, reports and other sales related business intelligence essential to the organization; recommend revision to existing reports, and/or assist in the develop of new reporting tools as needed.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales channel organizations. Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Lead the compensation and headcount strategy to drive results, motivation and ROI.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to support new company initiatives, product releases, and acquisitions.
- Responsible for equitably assigning Sales and Digital Direct quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated across key priorities through all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Lead development and deployment of sales tools and training necessary to improve execution and drive productivity/growth for sales.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Fosters an organization of continuous improvement through investment in resources and people.
- Communication: Enhance cross functional partnerships and drive strong communication and collaboration.
- Management: Adept at managing and leading teams to drive toward revenue growth in both the short and long term. Help develop a culture of performance, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness.
- Data-driven: Ability to drive insights from multiple data sources to inform strategic decisions and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Leadership: Develop and foster a passionate, collaborative and high performing culture across Corel.
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience working in Sales Operations or FP&A
- 5+ years working in enterprise software
- Proven track record leading teams and beating revenue targets
- Cross-functional leadership, decision making, analytics including financial analytics, strategic thinker, results oriented, strong business acumen, sound judgement
- Bachelors required, MBA preferred (or equivalent experience)
Preference for Austin, Ottawa, San Francisco (remote), but we are a remote first organization, so open for the right candidate.
Corel products enable millions of connected knowledge workers around the world to do great work faster. Offering some of the industry's best-known software brands, we give individuals and teams the power to create, collaborate, and deliver impressive results. Our success is driven by an unwavering commitment to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative applications – including CorelDRAW®, MindManager®, Parallels®, and WinZip® – to inspire users and help them achieve their goals.
It is the policy and practice of the Company to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other protected characteristic.