Routeware is a leading provider of fleet automation and analytics software to the waste industry. Established 20 years ago, it is based in the Portland, Oregon metro area, with a successful record of selling fleet automation management software to municipalities and companies of all sizes. In this role, you can make a significant impact within a dynamic, team-centric culture that appreciates innovation, initiative, and creative problem-solving. Routeware provides a casual yet professional work environment designed to bring the best out of each member of our team.
Sales Development Representatives must think strategically, possess sales techniques and utilize their interpersonal skills to the highest levels in order achieve results. Sales efforts are accomplished using phone and email campaigns. This is a true hunter role and is expected to increase the adoption of our fleet automation and enhancing software by cultivating new institutional clients and expanding our footprint within the existing customer base. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing on next steps with our Outside Sales Team. It's a great job for an ambitious professional who has an interest in the software industry and can build relationships and provide outstanding customer service. You'll multi-task, learn plenty and build your ability to drive sales and company growth.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Set handoff meetings, progress prospects through sales pipeline, and help bring deals to close through close partnership with Outside Sales counterparts
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Research competitive companies and offerings
- Learn about prospective customer's organization, culture and industry
- Document all sales activity in Salesforce
- Build strong, long-term relationships with clients and partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant experience of 4-5 years in selling software
- Technically oriented and possess strong computer software skills
- Demonstrated comfort in the art of cold-calling and relationship building
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- 8 company holidays
This is a full-time role based in Portland, OR. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.