Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
“Good for You, Good for the Planet” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Business Development Manager - Amazon– within Sales in Seattle, WA. (open to West Coast Region aswell). The individual will report to the Director of Sales - West
Job Purpose: The Business Development Manager (BDM) will lead our Amazon customer management across the portfolio of products. The BDM will manage the day-to-day business to achieve sales goals and establish the capability to win in the future by developing and executing successful programs.
1. Overall Amazon business development, assisting in setting and executing BAI objectives
2. Meeting customer expectations on sales, brand development, and replenishment
3. Responsibility for sales forecasting and trade management
4. Develop and execute sales plans that optimize our brands in the areas of pricing, sales, availability, visibility, equity and loyalty on Amazon platforms
5. Understand and leverage the dynamic digital marketing environment to maximize the business
6. Work with brand teams and other internal/external partners to develop best practices to maximize ROI for the company.
7. Adopt and apply best practices at the category level to appropriately manage risk and capitalize on opportunities.
8. Maintain online store conditions at Amazon (Core & Fresh)
9. Responsible for the creation and timely submission of all reports needed to manage business operations
10. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of Consumer Product Goods (CPG) sales experience required
- Problem-solving capability, consensus builder
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, bringing each from idea generation to completion
- Demonstrated business acumen of marketing, supply chain, and trade management
- Digital Marketing knowledge a plus
- Experience identifying and developing new customer opportunities and relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create customer plans that meet targeted goals
- Experience building solid relationships with key retailer/e-tailer
- Cross-Functional teamwork experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard characteristics including, but not limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality, faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran or protected veteran status, political opinions, health or disability.