Extruded Solutions is Hydro’s largest and most global business area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: Rockledge, FL
Summary: Perform functions to sell the company's line of materials and components, within assigned geographic territory, to large scale industrial customers, working within the limits of established policies.
- Work within specified sales territory to identify potential customers within mainly the HVAC&R and or Automotive industries and initiate contacts. Provide information regarding the organizations manufacturing and engineering capabilities, secure opportunities to assist potential customers with the development of product specifications and qualify customer requirements. Ascertain information regarding customer activities, business levels, complaints, plans and product development programs. Communicate information to internal staff regarding potential business opportunities, product profile, expected volume, market size, competitiveness of market and unique job specifications.
- Call on existing key accounts to determine new or changing product requirements and business opportunities.
- Present customer specifications for preparation of final quotes.
- Prepare and present proposals and negotiate quotations and contract proposals with customers, explaining all details, including methodologies, capacities, quality assurances and proposal cost parameters.
- Prepare special and periodic reports relating to sales activity and results, expenses, market conditions, competitive activity within market and related data
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to maintain workflow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Understands PPAP or First Article Inspection and validation processes.
- Understand the APQP and technical feasibility review and process
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with 5 S standards.
- Requires the ability to perform all duties within limitation of the standard methods and procedures, and in accordance with strict adherence to HSE, quality and productivity requirements
- Technical background, ideally with Aluminum
- HCAV_R component/s or Automotive HVAC experience
- Technical workshops at clients
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel by airplane and automobile to customer sites and remain in a hotel for extended periods of time
- Excellent mathematics skills for planning and forecasting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to think critically and theoretically
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Proven ability to develop successful partnerships with internal and external team members.
Education and Work Requirements:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years Account Management/New Sales development experience required
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you’re part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing this form.