You know that sometimes opportunity doesn’t knock, it rings. That’s a potential customer looking for the solution that will rock their world. You’re the kind of person who loves being on the other end of that ring. We’re Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and we’re all about helping our customers have more moments of real human connection…and that all starts with our Inbound Sales Reps. If you have a passion for sales, and the notion of working as an Inbound Call Center Representative sounds intriguing, keep reading. We’re on a quest for someone whose work as a sales consultant can help us keep our customers smiling, while supporting other Cox team members through training and mentorship.
The Inbound Sales Representative is a full-time position currently working from home for an interim period with the possibility to have flexible work from home options long-term. This role can require office-based work or a combination of work from home and office-based work at any time based on business needs. This is a highly consultative sales opportunity, operating in a call center environment that is currently work from home. Call center hours of operation are 8am – 11pm, Mon – Fri and 9am – 9pm, Sat; shift schedule will be determined at time of hire and subject to change.
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $48,191. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.79 and target commission is $1,279 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $75,000 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1000.
You must live within the area of Hampton Roads, VA and be willing to commute when appropriate to the office due to technical or performance needs. To qualify, you must also have a high-speed internet connection available in your home.
What You’ll Do
You’ll make residential customers feel “at home” with our products and services. That means being an Einstein about everything we offer as well as a whiz around the marketing campaigns that fuel those inbound calls.
This is a quota, commission-based gig, so your earnings are in your hands. One way to do this will be to be super responsive to customer inquiries, resolving issues lickety-split, all while keeping callers in-the-know about the latest solutions we have to offer.
You’ll help to solve customer requests so you can handle some of the more challenging sales situations yourself. You may also pick up the phone to support other departments with overflow calls. As you grow your skills, you’ll have the opportunity to support your peers in the sales team through best practice sharing and peer coaching.
What’s In It For You?
- You’ll be sold on Cox’s great, highly competitive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. We also know, it’s important to work alongside colleagues who “get you”. At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate your rainmaking sales skills in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
You’re someone who anticipates customers’ needs so you can not only offer them what they need now, but also what they’ll need next. But your idea of being a “selling machine” isn’t about pushing products, it’s about listening, and fitting a customer to the solution that works best for them. People tell you you’re a good listener, and you bring that rare gift into your workplace, leading to a remarkable response reflex.
You resolve issues like a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, and understand that, despite the “flying solo” nature of remote sales work, you’re also a proud member of a tight-knit team. Relationships come easy to you, and you’re not afraid of change, computers, or clowns. Eh, maybe not the clowns.
Others look to you for leadership, guidance, and support when needed.
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Excellent ability to persuade others through direct/indirect influence.
- Ability to quickly establish customer relationships in a fast environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and seize opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction
- Telecommunications industry experience.
- 1+ years in a sales quota environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in related field (i.e. Retail, Training, Indirect Sales, etc.).
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.79 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19