- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related fields with specialization in speech recognition or signal processing.
- Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- Knowledge of machine learning or signal processing algorithms and computational complexity.
- Experience in Python or similar scripting language.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Research/Applied Scientist to join our team. As a scientist in the Wakeword team within the Speech organization, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms to advance the state of the art in Speech detection. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech technology. You will be able to leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in speech/non-speech detection under a diverse set of usage scenarios and noise-conditions.
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions for consumer products.
- Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with a specialization in speech recognition, audio, acoustic and speech processing, or deep learning or a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4+ years of relevant working experience in speech recognition, audio, acoustic and speech processing, or deep learning
- Solid publication records at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Strong technical curiosity and ability to invent
- Proficient in theory of machine learning or signal processing
- Experience in algorithm development with high memory and computational constraints
- Strong understanding of scientific experiment best practices
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as C++
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
- Relevant experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
- Experience in building speech technology systems such as speech recognition engine, hearing devices, etc.
- Aspiration and energy to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.