We are a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Canada and across Europe. We have a history of continued innovation since 2010, delivering an enterprise grade platform enabling our customers to create agile, data-driven organizations. These customers include a Who’s Who of the Fortune 100 and the list is growing!
Datameer is a Cloud Data Platform enabling the full data life cycle from search, access, and transformation of data from disparate data sources to cataloging analytics artifacts and providing a framework for sharing among analytic teams. It unlocks and extends the value of Cloud Data Warehouses, supporting multiple personas by lowering the friction between controlling an environment and accelerating analytical outcomes.
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM), you work to retain and expand the business with existing customers. Through consistent and proactive outreach you will build and maintain client relationships to the highest levels. Success Managers work with the client’s key stakeholders to define and scope new solutions using Datameer, and expedite problem resolution by collecting necessary collateral for root cause analysis. By driving value for our customers, you will secure renewals and expand revenue. Your goal: retain all assigned customers and grow revenue by 30% across these same customers.
Preferred candidate locations are San Francisco Bay Area, US and Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
Drive adoption, retention, and overall account satisfaction for your named customers via the following:
- Structure and lead discovery interviews with senior business stakeholders and hands-on users, in order to identify opportunities and pain points Datameer can address
- Conduct monthly checkpoints with senior business stakeholders to define and achieve customers’ strategic goals with Datameer
- In collaboration with Account Executives, lead quarterly business reviews with customers to an executive audience demonstrating value of Datameer’s current usage and opportunities to improve and grow
- Open support tickets or engineering tickets with necessary root cause analysis collateral on behalf of your customers for issues raised during your discussions
- Organize participation in Beta Product evaluations to share new features with customers early and get their feedback to influence the features to be released
- Share case studies and demonstrations of how other customers (could be in their vertical or who tackled a similar problem) use Datameer, in order to stimulate interest in expanding their usage of Datameer
- Maintain detailed customer information within our CMS:
- Relevant stakeholders positions and contact information
- First and Third party environment information relating to our customer deployments
- Any relevant success or failure incidents
- Contract information: Execution/renewal dates, entitlements, etc.
- Collaborate closely with other Datameer teams acting as a customer advocate:
- Keep Leadership informed of customer health (successes/strengths, as well as operational risks)
- Provide feedback to Product Management team for roadmap influence based on customer needs
- Align on upsell and expansion opportunities, so that Sales can maintain their territory plans
- Coordinate with Consulting and Support teams to identify opportunities and drive adoption
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant experience in a related technical field
- Enterprise software experience
- Strong Linux proficiency
- 3+ years experience in consulting, strategic sales, or account management
- 2+ years in customer success or relevant work experience with the proven ability to retain and expand Enterprise accounts
- Strong executive presentation and alignment skills; excellent deliverable creation and editing skills. Be prepared to show samples or present.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to build relationships
- Experience with distributed systems like Hadoop
- Experience with Big Data-related tools and technologies: Tez, Spark, HDFS, Hive, EMR, HDI
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud will be considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.