We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes, and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Takes ownership in understanding customer business, needs, and strategy across all aligned accounts to drive customer success. Keeps up to date with customer information and industry trends through research (e.g., reads customer publications, speaks with direct reports and customer stakeholders). Consolidates, articulates, and tells an effective story around customer insights that influences future direction and priorities. Anticipates market direction around technology to ensure team is equipped with the appropriate capabilities. Coaches team to develop and leverage understanding of customer business and industry. Coaches against best practices to engage, capture, and understand customer needs.
- Guides team in identifying and articulating business value of role and solutions for customer organization. Customizes relevant customer stories and industry, competitive, and/or Microsoft best practices and cloud principles to support business outcomes. Coaches team in business value selling and promotes strategic thinking to ensure team capabilities.
- Leverages best practices to guide customer strategy and future growth for Microsoft by cultivating customer affinity with Microsoft programs/solutions that drive impact for the customer and establishing Microsoft as a leader. Creates new reference cases for others and inspires and guides team in doing so.
- Models best practices and innovation in delivery of customer success plans to optimize customer value across accounts. Provides recommendations in defining success measures and promotes long-term customer success strategy with team.
- Coaches team to build customer success plans and utilizes them to build industry/team plan, leveraging own expertise and hands-on experiences (e.g., success plan workshops). Aligns multiple engagement plans and leverages corporate resources dedicated to awareness improvement of high potentials (e.g., Skills Learning platform).
- Provides coaching and guidance on importance of driving value for customers. Ensures teams conduct analyses into what customers are using versus needs. Engages with C-Suite executives to discuss where Microsoft solutions drive customer value. Prompts teams to explore available resources and programs to help grow, retain, and optimize consumption. Identifies resources (e.g., v-team orchestration, programs, incentives) and partner solutions to help customers derive value from existing Microsoft investments.
Maintain Product and Solution Expertise
- Makes sure team has access to systematic methods for staying up to date on Microsoft offers and solutions. Shares best practices across team. Identifies technical aptitude and encourages specific training and education for team members. Develops and implements plan to build and maintain product and solution expertise. Ensures team has time to dedicate to training and development. Holds self and team accountable for creating and executing personal development plan. Completes required and recommended training and certifications in a timely manner.
- Identifies and coordinates internal teams (e.g., FastTrack, One Commercial Partner), and customer teams across functions to support business outcomes and enable execution of customer success through One Microsoft. Leads rhythm of business (ROB) and oversees to ensure efficiency. Aligns processes (e.g., forecasting) with other cross-functional internal teams (e.g., Account Team Unit [ATU], Specialist Team Unit [STU], Services). Orchestrates across subsidiary to drive consistency in approach on global basis for early in career team member experience.
- Engages with and influences business and Information Technology (IT) decision makers by providing feedback or insights to help customers define and realize their digital and business transformational targets. Leverages expertise in relationship building and influencing to mentor team in building strategic partnerships.
- Guides team to follow process, systems, and documentation as expected. Ensures teams focus on identifying issues and barriers to efficiency. Shares context for importance and business impact of process improvements. Works with team to prioritize recommendations for improvements. Articulates broader impact of process gaps and inefficiencies. Ensures accountability for process adherence. Influences adoption of recommended improvements and solutions.
- Supports and enables team to lead customer change initiatives by applying knowledge of change management principles, influencing decision makers to implement and scale change, and identifying and communicating alignment between customer culture and digital transformation. Drives team readiness to ensure team members are equipped to guide customers in managing change.
- Acts as the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Partner by championing feedback around technical capabilities, blockers, and insights and driving the resolution of existing items. Represents the customer to internal teams (e.g., product) to shape strategy by providing insights across territories. Uses broad patterns of feedback to develop strategic and actionable insights and presents a compelling business case to program managers that influences product roadmaps and decision making. Enables and empowers team to identify gaps and take ownership in driving action based on feedback and advocating on the customer's behalf to drive resolution. Drives strategy for positive change within Microsoft. Brings in advocates to showcase success as references. Creates a culture of advocacy within the team to champion advocacy internally and represent the industry externally.
- Embody our culture and values
- 6+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) is required AND 2+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience 3-6+ years of technology related sales and coaching architecture and solution sales; Experience working with or selling Azure or similar solutions preferred.
- Management: 4+ years of people management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more required; Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred
- 4+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required.
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Desire to work in a cooperative environment where one’s growth potential is supported by one’s abilities and attitude.
- Results-Oriented: Motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration required.
- Organized: Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity required
- Execution: Strong experience leading and executing on Technology Visions.
- Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
- Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration.Ability to inspire your team and to build and maintain a high organizational health and satisfaction score.
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms. Requires the ability to engage with customers technical leadership as trusted advisors. Requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s Apps and Infra and/or Data & AI related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products relative to major competitors.
- Have one of the following Associate Certifications: AzureDatabaseAdministratorAssociate,AzureData Engineer AssociateCertified, or Azure Administrator Certified, or prepared to attain certification within 3 months.
- Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications; Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus.
Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
8+ years software industry sales and negotiation or technical services experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 5+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 3+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years people management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.