For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Team Leader, Ontario Client Services
Full time, Permanent
July 30, 2021
The Team Lead supervises the day to day activities of the Corporate Account Associate team and will report directly to the Manager, Ontario Client Services. The Team Lead will collaborate extensively with the Brokerage Team Lead, Sales, and other operational areas within Medavie Blue Cross to support the sale, ongoing client satisfaction and ultimately the retention of group insurance plans.
The Team Lead brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in group benefits, customer service and leadership to the department. This position will be of interest to individuals who truly believe in going above and beyond to offer exceptional customer service to clients, while effectively promoting and supporting a positive work environment and an engaged cohesive team.
- Provide guidance and supervision of the Corporate Account Associate team in their day-to-day operations;
- Provide support and feedback to these teams on the skills and requirements required to achieve success in their roles;
- Collaborate and perform performance evaluations and contribute to the development of action plans for professional development;
- Oversee workload management for this team;
- Ensure team motivation and engagement by maintaining good interpersonal relationships and excellent communication;
- Continually analyze and make recommendations to improve processes, service relationships and workload;
- Facilitate learning and information sessions for team members;
- Required to participate in working groups on various projects;
- Required to participate in recruitment activities, finalist presentations, client and broker meetings
Education: Completion of post-secondary education in related field or equivalent work experience.
Work Experience: At least five years of relevant work experience.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills and experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and Webex.
- An understanding of group health, dental, life and disability benefits
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry
- Previous experience working in a leadership capacity, preferably in an insurance environment, is considered an asset
- Having or working towards an insurance designation is considered an asset (LOMA, CEBS (GBA), ICA, etc.)
- Valid driver’s licence
Language Skills: Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset but not required.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on Apply Now.
Canadian Citizenship - Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Job Segment: Developer, Business Development, Manager, Technology, Sales, Customer Service, Management