Are you passionate about the automotive industry? Do you enjoy being inspired by true leaders? Are you constantly looking for new challenges and need a stimulating environment to perform? If you say yes to all this then you would be a great addition to the growing team at Uni-Select Canada. We are currently looking to hire for the following position.
Summary of Role
The Counter Sales Representative provides excellent customer service in selling a diversified line of products via phone, fax, email and over-the-counter.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Greets all customers (in person or over the phone) with a positive, engaging and welcoming attitude
- Sell and support a diversified line of products via phone, fax, email and over-the-counter, promoting Private Brands and eCommerce channels whenever possible. Delivering a high level of customer service and support promotions and upselling opportunities
- Handle customer transactions; including sales, returns, defectives in a timely manner
- Ensuring customers parts orders are accurately filled and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reconcile their transaction history and drawer at the conclusion of each shift
- Operate the store point of sale system (PartsWatch), internet and paper catalogue to search for parts and customer accounts, and to invoice and pull orders.
- Assist with merchandising activities, maintaining standards of appearance, coordinate and cooperate with employees in the execution of plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management, signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Follow all policies and standard operating procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies.
- Work with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Contribute proactively to improvements in branch sales and profitability
- Adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards and all operating procedures
- Effectively communicate with all store and support center team members, management and customers
- Other store support related duties including but not limited to supporting the warehouse functions and delivery/pickup of product as required
- Maintain the “Never Say No” attitude/mantra and be the Ambassador for the Bumper to Bumper Brand
Education, Experience and Technical skills
- Completion of High School Diploma/Post Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Automotive Parts experience in the automotive aftermarket (Jobber) parts industry (min 1 year)
- Experience with automotive repairs is an asset
- Experience with MS Office products
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Team-player and an ability to work independently
- Experience delivering a high level of customer service and sales results
- Demonstrated focus on “wowing” the customer with exceptional service
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- A self-starter, action oriented to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Superior interpersonal, communication, problem solving and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and effective listening skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- Taking Ownership
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- WOW The Customers
Job Type: Full-time