The Dobbs Truck Group is a growth company that successfully expands our operations and customer base through a high-quality team of employees.
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center. These dealerships represent some of the best commercial truck brands including Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, Autocar, and Hino and include locations in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k), as well as paid vacation and sick leave. Our Company is looking for long-term employees that we can invest in and grow with as we pursue our mission of being the premier commercial truck dealer group.
I. General Job Description
This position will be responsible as the parts account manager for existing and prospective customers, traveling as needed to provide on-site customer support to achieve assigned sales and profit objectives.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Develop strategies to achieve sales objectives and stay current with new products and sales promotions.
- Represent the Company, including the Service Department and Truck Sales, in identifying innovative solutions to exceed our customer’s needs.
- Provide Parts Manager daily/weekly update reports to monitor performance against sales goals.
- Maintain a database of customers and utilize effective follow-up communications to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction in managing existing customer’s day-to-day business needs.
- Address customer issues or disputes in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- Identify opportunities for new business with the ability to translate this into new sales activity.
- Achieve and surpass monthly/quarterly/annual sales quota/goals and new customer/business goals.
- Continuously achieve weekly conversion rates.
- Demonstrate rapid adoption of the SEAL sales process.
- Dedicate sales time to prospecting for new accounts and reflect this in the CRM reporting.
- Plan territory coverage and call upon current and prospective key accounts regularly.
- Log sales activities in a CRM system.
- Strictly observe the Company’s Sales Policy Manual.
II. Minimum Job Qualifications
- 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or GED.
- 2 years parts sales experience, preferably in the commercial vehicle industry.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of employment and a qualified MVR abstract.
III. Desired Job Qualifications
- 3 years of direct customer-facing sales experience.
- Proven prospecting and closing skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct on-site supervision.
- Basic knowledge off Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Heavy-duty truck aptitude.
- Strong organization, communication, and phone skills.
IV. Mental Capability Requirements
- Comprehension: Ability to understand complex problems, collaborate, and explore alternative solutions.
- Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Reasoning & Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with individuals utilizing a phone.
- Mathematics: Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
V. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach overhead, and climb stairs throughout the Parts warehouse and stand for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally help left and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required. Employee is required to drive a motor vehicle for extended periods of time and travel frequently from the office to customer sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level is moderate.
VI. Common Expectations of Performance for all Employees
The following includes common expectations for all employees of the Company. The evaluation of job performance will be based on these common expectations as well as the position-specific responsibilities described above.
Communications, Teamwork, and Feedback to Others
- Contribute to a work environment that is based on trust and respect.
- Have discussions on a regular basis with their manager to discuss opportunities to best achieve individual performance objectives and departmental goals.
- Suggest ways to improve the efficiency of conducting their job duties.
- Promote continuous improvement and change to support company growth.
- Mentor others unselfishly.
- Give credit where it’s due.
Company Loyal Policies and Work Ethic
- Adhere to the policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Adhere to the Company’s Employee Conduct Policy.
- Support management decisions toward meeting company goals.
- Be open and receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin.
- Make prudent decisions, which are based on the best interest of the Company and its long-term future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Dobbs Truck Group and its wholly owned subsidiaries, Dobbs Peterbilt, LLC and Western Truck Parts and Equipment Company, LLC (WTPE), operate 23 Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, and Hino truck dealerships in the states of Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Parts are equal opportunity employers that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Parts do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status; or on the basis of age against persons whose age is 40 and over, or on the basis of physical or mental disability; or to disabled veterans or to Vietnam veterans
We are proud to be an affirmative action employer and encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to join our team.