Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant’s experience. This is why we’re all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across Ireland where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere.
The Support Revenue Operations team is an innovative cross-functional team that connects Shopify, Merchants and Support through thoughtful systems and insights that drive outcomes for our business. They work collaboratively with Support Value Lab Leadership, Support Technology, Support Delivery Operations, Trust, Commercial Revenue Operations teams, Support Intelligence, Life Cycle Marketing, Data, Marketing, and Regional Support Leadership.
A Senior Revenue Operations Specialist should have a keen eye on the tools our support teams use and the systems that connect them, to inform the data and metrics by which we manage support's contribution to Shopify’s revenue. A Senior Revenue Operations Specialist in our space will be a key contributor on the team responsible for supporting the research, design, and implementation of support’s evolving business systems and the processes that surround them.
This role requires someone that sees the big picture and can lead change incrementally in service of it. Support Revenue Operations is a new implementation of an existing craft and as such educating stakeholders and getting executive buy-in will be fundamental skills to have in addition to a broad technical acumen. Overall, we are looking for someone with a structural background in Revenue Operations, but who can thrive in an ambiguous space that is constantly growing and changing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will be responsible for the support systems and tools that are intertwined with Shopify’s revenue ecosystem.
- Own the evolution and adoption of 3rd party tools to help teams within support operate more effectively.
- Work with various technical project managers to build, launch, and maintain support revenue tech stack.
- Collaborate with experimentation and incubator teams on new initiatives within Shopify support organization.
- Manage projects and revenue operations activities to help support senior leads drive priority business outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across multiple teams and functions in order to achieve our CRM/technology vision of a Shopify wide shared consciousness to empower data informed execution.
- 4+ years of experience working in revenue operations for a SaaS business.
- Experience with customer service tools (Twilio, Zendesk) and CRM tools (Salesforce, Marketo).
- Strong business acumen and curiosity
- Fast learner
- Deep understanding and practical experience designing solutions from inception and implementing them into production.
- Experience working with and designing data structures to ensure consistent and reliable data collection & reporting capability.
- Demonstrated experience defining and documenting business and system requirements in a fast pace environment.
- Experience partnering with various stakeholders in leadership to continuously strategize to meet business objectives and goals.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, project management, and designing creative solutions to unique challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills - you are able to work effectively with, and influence, a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Grit: you are conscientious, resilient, and dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results.
At another company, someone in this role may fall under Business Operations or Revenue Operations and/or be titled as a Senior Systems Analysts, Senior Business Analyst, Revenue Operations Specialist, Revenue Operations Manager, Senior Revenue Operations Analyst.
- Effective public speaker.
- Experience using the Shopify platform
- Experience with working remotely.
- Experience in customer success or sales operations.
- Experience working in finance operations
- Experience with support operations.
- Effective working in SQL. Familiarity with Ruby and Python.
- Ability to tell a story with data, both visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers.
- Salesforce certification(s).
Along with your resume and cover letter, please answer in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section your answers to the below two questions:
What is revenue operations to you in both a support and non support setting, and why would that role be important for a support team?
Closing Date: This posting will close August 19th 2021 (or once we have received enough applications)
You can expect to hear back from us within approximately 2-3 weeks after submitting your application.
Location and/or time zone: This role is open to candidates located in Canada or the United States only. The role will be during regular working hours, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.