Engine Shop is a creative-led experiential agency solving business challenges with storytelling and by connecting our clients with their audiences at the intersection of consumer passion points (e.g., lifestyle, culture, sports, music, film, television, and gaming). Through physical experiences, content, and branded entertainment, we drive our clients’ business objectives by turning a brand’s identity, equities, and emotional intelligence from abstract to tangible.
But that is not our only focus. Our culture is a consideration in everything we do. How we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs, and how we welcome people for who they are, set the metrics of how we define ourselves. And we know work must fit into life and life into work.
We want new people to not only join us, but to also drive us. Drive us to better solutions, drive us to be a better collective, drive us to be the “Better Way.”
You are looking for a limited, short-term (6-month) position to explore engagement marketing, whether it be branded entertainment, sports, music, arts, culture, or gaming. This role needs a multitasker who is detail oriented, extremely organized, collaborative, motivated, and has a constant “no job is too small” attitude. You can identify potential challenges, create solutions on your own, and you are confident in consulting with clients and agency partners. This is a fast-paced environment; you need to be ready for the challenges it provides.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN ASSOCIATE CANDIDATE
- A “self-starter” with a passion for sports and entertainment, looking to break into the world of engagement marketing with the desire to actively contribute to a variety of projects with a lifestyle driven approach
- A recent college graduate or someone looking for a career change while getting real world experience in event planning and event logistics
- An individual who wishes to develop skills such as project management, event research, vendor sourcing, problem solving and the basics of client service
- An individual who can apply developing skill sets, industry interest, and proactive attitude to daily account management responsibilities
- An individual that will be inquisitive and open to mentorship opportunities while exploring career opportunities that may be available throughout the associate program
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain daily written and verbal communications with clients and internal/external partners
- Provide on-site support of marketing programs including coordination of temp staff and related vendors
- Coordinate program and logistics details across partners and vendors
- Create detailed pre-event planning and post-event wrap-up reports in accordance with Engine Shop’s templates
- Provide meeting status reports and recaps and deliver information clearly and concisely
- Support event logistics including on-site activation
- Solicit vendors for proposals
- Compile research related to competitive activity, venues, vendors and event related concepts
- Represent the company and client in a professional and friendly manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Great time management, organizational and communication skills
- Fosters positive interactions with clients and employees at all levels of the organization
- Gathers and analyzes information, understand and processes information to determine next steps
- Ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to assist on other programs as needed or requested
- Ability to react quickly and positively to changes required by clients and programs.
- Ability to write reports covering the details of various programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 15% - 25% of the time; travel varies by program and may include nights, weekends, or holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time, both at a desk and occasionally on an airplane; turn the head and torso, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell; and have full power of speech
- Occasionally may have to exert up to 10-15 pounds of force to lift, carry, pull or otherwise move objects
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position must be based out of Los Angeles, CA
ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are creators, thinkers and doers. No two gears are the same, but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
In return, our promise to you is that we will work tirelessly to create opportunities for your professional and personal development while communicating with transparency about the company for which you have chosen to work.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place to Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.