Develops new and existing customers on a consistent ongoing basis, meeting targeted goals and margins, to continually grow total MPC sales in the assigned area of responsibility while maximizing MPC profits.
- Territory Sales Planning
- Projects sales based on history, prospect lists and market niche analysis.
- Seeks out and finds viable subcategories to sell, such as property management, facility management, schools and industrial clientele.
- Researches and pitches sales plan to targeted customers demonstrating our ability to match customer needs with MPC product.
- Business Development
- Network through multiple trade association channels including PDCA, CSI, Construction specifiers and multi-family housing associations.
- Directly contacts possible customer and construction leads.
- Service Existing Accounts
- Conducts consistent follow up and needs analysis for ongoing job requirements while communicating to lab needs from field not currently met by MP product line.
- Evaluates existing accounts, architectural submittals and product recommendations for relevancy.
- Trouble shoots paint failure and solves problems with lab to offer resolution.
- Supports and shares in the growth of store personnel product knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven experience with both paint/coatings and direct sales background preferred.
- Valid driver’s license for state of residency and driving record permitting coverage under corporate policy or ability to travel within Oregon and Washington in a timely manner. If driving a personal vehicle, must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time/Sick Time that accrues
- Car Allowance/Expense Account/Business Phone
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Stock Ownership in our Employee Owned Company