Key position functions include:
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions, territories and clients; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Develop strong rapport with key customer representatives by ensuring team delivers consistent customer service
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Watch market and work with customer to understand sales product mix, changing technology and selling price. Keeping current with changing trends, industry developments and competitor’s strategies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals
- Develop and modify plans to ensure achievement of organizational and personal targets, aligning with company sales policies and strategies
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Prepare reporting as needed
- Ensure new customer requirements or industry trends are well understood and are incorporated into the operations and engineering strategies as required
- Consolidate customer demand profiles in terms of monthly Forecast Systems (Make to Stock) and unique (Made to Order) systems for known rigs
- Align forecasted requirements with Customer (P80) – Provide input for booking forecast.
- Attend Sales and Operations Meeting monthly
- Support the internal organization to meet its strategic objectives relative to stocking and turns
- Submit detailed trip plans for approval, trip reports and expense claims in a timely and accurate manner
- Represent the company at the trade shows, general sales meetings and general industry functions as required
- Additional tasks as assigned
Preferred candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- Strong technical knowledge of wellhead equipment and applications
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a wellhead products and associated services
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good working knowledge of well drilling, completion and production processes
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Computer literate- proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Highly self-motivated, well organized and strategic thinker
- This position will require the candidate to respond timely to the customer’s request ensuring the customer is supported as required during evenings and weekend. The fast pace of the USA surface business environment and uptime requirements can result in challenging client situations.
- The role will involve frequent travel both by road and air. The role will have extended periods of sitting and computer usage. A Sales Management role will be required to visit client offices as requested and when deemed appropriate, they must be able to remain attentive, calm and focused when under pressure. The ability to understand the customers’ requirements and expectations and translate these into operable task is essential- an ability to understand a high level of verbal information and observational behavior under pressure is critical. Attention to detail while working on several tasks is essential.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time