We are seeking a consultative sales hunter to promote new business growth in the Great Lakes territory, selling specialty additives for industrial lubricants, engine oil, driveline applications, diesel fuel, gasoline, and other petroleum products. Our client is a leading North American supplier of lubricant and fuel additives with a 25-year legacy of top-tier performance in the petroleum industry. As a Regional Account Manager, you will develop and cultivate customer relationships with lube oil manufacturers, private label blenders, grease manufacturers, fuel jobbers, petroleum terminals and refineries in a 4-state territory. Experience selling fuel additives, lubricant additives, base oils, industrial oils, metalworking fluids, or other petroleum products is required.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Identify and secure new business opportunities throughout a defined sales territory.
- Develop and execute long-range and short-range business plans that build a robust sales pipeline.
- Establish and cultivate customer relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts.
- Serve as an industry expert and adviser to prospects and existing clients.
- Generate sales reports, expense reports and call reports when required.
- Prepare superior strategic sales presentations and proposals.
- Work from a home office and travel 50% or more as required to drive new growth.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Business, Marketing, Chemistry, or a related field is preferred.
- 5-10+ years of consultative sales experience selling fuel additives, lubricant additives, base oils, industrial oils, metalworking fluids, or other petroleum products.
- Knowledge of rudimentary fuel or lubricant additive components such as corrosion inhibitors, lubricity improvers, friction modifiers, cetane improvers, biocides, etc. is required.
- Experience selling to lubricant manufacturers, private label blenders, fuel jobbers, petroleum terminals, grease manufacturers, and/or refineries is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of consistent business growth and high sales achievements.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using a CRM database such as Salesforce or similar system.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or more at times as needed.
Compensation includes an attractive base salary commensurate with experience, uncapped sales incentive plan, company vehicle, and comprehensive benefits. The ideal candidate would already be living in MI, OH, IN, or KY. Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- How many years experience do you have selling fuel additives, lubricant additives, base oils, industrial oils, metalworking fluids, or other petroleum products?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
- On the road