What you will do
The Johnson Controls Service Sales Manager is responsible for driving new recurring revenue and retention of the existing customers where recurring service revenue is in place through a team of sales professionals. These positions can be responsible for one or many local markets spanning across multiple states. This leader is expected to be a customer centric, service leader, focused on growth and retention of our recurring service revenue.
How you will do it
- Responsible for sales plan achievement for sales team assigned a geographic and/or vertical area within Johnson Controls. This includes focus on fire alarm, security, fire sprinkler and fire suppression services designed to help our customers meet the needs of our customers in their focus to protect life and property.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Service Sales team ensuring we meet or exceed customer, employee and sales goal expectations.
- Act as a direct line of support for Area Management Team in the development of sales strategies, contract negotiations, and pricing strategy to develop new business and maintain existing service business. Develop business plans for the territory including business development strategies, sales staffing, sales market assignments, strategic customer development and industry relations.
- Monitor sales performance, and refine sales strategies as required to ensure employee successfully meets assigned goals and objectives. This includes but is not limited to performance management of team. Reallocate resources to improve overall results as needed.
- Contribute to the development of marketing, customer retention, pricing, and communication strategies for the assigned local market(s) and Area.
- Ensure the sales team receives needed coaching and training on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, processes, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Staff, develop and align a high-performing sales team focused on exceeding expected growth for assigned area
- Focus on high level customer (internal and external) networking and drive growth through collaboration and customer success.
- Grow and retain the recurring revenue base and associated service revenue by directly coaching/mentoring/training the Service Sales and Customer Care sales professionals.
- Work as a team with available resources to leverage best practices and achieve company objectives.
- Meet with key clients to assist sales representatives with building and enhancing relationships, negotiating and closing deals. Leverage this time for ride along coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure that the sales philosophy is aligned with JCI values in securing quality business approved contractual terms, and profitable pricing practices.
- Responsible for administering, communicating and complying with all company policies and procedures, whether formally or informally communicated. Model and champion Johnson Controls values. Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
What we look for
- College Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated excellence in B2B sales, including a minimum of 2 years of field sales management experience
- Demonstrated skills, ability and comfort managing a high volume consultative sales team.
- Comfortable leading and working in teams, experienced at project management and successful selling at all customer levels.
- Able to create and develop solutions to customer needs while meeting objectives.
- Committed to developing and organizing a multi-talented team.
- Business acumen, excellent communication and team building skills with a strong understanding of inter-departmental relations.
- Proven time management skills, prioritization and delivery against deadlines.
- Experience in managing a team through a transition or significant organizational change
- Ability to travel nights and weekends to accommodate the needs of the business and our customer's.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Job Sales & Marketing
Primary LocationUS-MI-Farmington Hills
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions