The Director, Event Technology II (DET II) is responsible for leading a successful sales and operations team to achieve the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The DET II promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This role will report to an Area Director, Venues or an RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
- Service high profile/visibility events and act as a point of escalation when needed.
- Identify key issues and decision makers that will influence the contract renewal and leverage all available internal resources to facilitate the planning effort for renewing existing business.
- Partners with Venue Sales Leadership on sales strategies
- Creates and participate in business review presentations.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Strategically ensure event profitability is maintained based on proper staffing per event
- Achieves Encore’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively directing the management of labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
- Train and directs operations and sales managers to complete standard and ad hoc reports.
- Complete and analyze reports to effectively manage the business.
- Enforce the utilization of the company billing system, coordination of invoicing activities and that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
- Review location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
- Confirm venue partners process all payments to Encore in a timely basis.
- Responsible for the strategic, long-term direction of large and small high tech, high volume events at the property
- Direct operations team to manage daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes are completed, and in accordance to brand standards.
- Confirm operations team is using inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- See the Big Picture by efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
- Guarantees a Encore management presence at all venue meetings, such as daily stand ups or sales meetings.
- See the Big Picture by analyzing schedules and available labor and equipment resources and makes recommendations for labor and equipment sharing within local markets.
- Hold Sales Manager and/or Sr. Sales Manager accountable to maintaining a healthy pipeline at all times to achieve established revenue targets.
- Confirm all known opportunities are in CRM and completed accurately and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by leading the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various Encore supporting functions and departments.
- Lead the team to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Meet with guests on site or assigns this to a team member, and verify equipment is setup accurately and working properly to customer needs, and verify the team is monitoring each event and checking in on customers throughout the day.
- Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Directs and Manages performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
- Navigate the union labor market and associated management dynamics, where applicable.
- Directs and Manages the human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning.
- Directs and provides focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
- Verifies that employees are trained on Encore standards for service and equipment, and properly trained on company computer systems.
- Recommends team members for training opportunities, as needed
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of audio visual experience
- 5+ years of sales/customer service experience
- 3+ years of operations supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction and people development focus.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members who may operate Company vehicles.
Work is performed in a venue/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple venue locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Starting Compensation: *IE: $80,000.00/Yr. - $89,000.00/Yr.*
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website https://jobs.encoreglobal.com/benefits